beefy road - ( formerly mighty typhoon thread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'd like to use my rust bucket schwinn typhoon as my build off bike .... its gonna be alot of work , LOL
- he was born in chicago, il on 06/11/1962 - and was shipped to a local store outside amity, ohio - where it was purchased by a farmer for his kid , the kid rode it for 2 years and it was tossed in the barn , and there it sat from 1965 till last week .....
- but i have decided to RESURRECT it !! a phoenix from the ashes !! ladies and gentlemen , i present to you , what will be .......

THE MIGHTY TYPHOON !!!!!

LOL

** this is my first build off - im not new to bikes but new to the build off concept , so be gentle ...LOL

AS FOUND :

001_zps4031ee17.jpg

as it sits in my garage after a bath

image_zps847a3316.jpg

- dont worry little camper , randall will help you ..... 8)
image_zpsf9161eed.jpg

Last edited:
i hope so ..... :rockout:

- being a first year of production bike i was hesitant to use it for this in lieu of a restoration , but what the heck , im going for it !!!!

- i shall rebuild it !! i have the technology !! faster , better, stronger ,,,, blah blah blah ........

** is it ok in the rules to use an outside contractor to do the bead blasting ? or do i have to do 100% of the work ?

Last edited:
Nice 'phoon; keep the crud. Crud equals character that cannot be purchased.

furyus

I love those frames!

wow - everyone seems to be in love with this frame ..... maybe i should just sell it , and pick another bike for my build off bike ????

I think since you found it, you should build it.....give the frame a good cleaning with super fine steel wool and some polishing compound.....then clear coat it and add any parts you want to personalize the bike to your taste....then ride the crap out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I think everyone loves that frame, but you won't get more than a hunnert for it, so just keep it. Popular frames do well in build-offs.

Yep. All that. This is a no blasting zone sir. Love that frame and it's current state of patina. Typhoons kick ..... Can I say .... on here? Good luck on the build. (I'll be watching you) muahahaha! (Evil laugh)

62 is last year of the straight bar too. I have a 63 and it's a cantilever...

Carl.

cool bike!!! build it your way but I do love the rust!!!

If the Typhoon came out in 62, that was a one year bike with that frame.

Get rad with it. It's your party and no one on this forum is going to be peddlin this thing as much as you. Now if your building it to sell it well.....

Latest posts

Back