THE MAN WITH 1 RED WHEEL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would you be interested in my Feedback ????

The wheels look GREAT..
maybe find a set of Old( not so expensive grips )
Paint them with the same Red..
and Paint The Spring from the Springer Red
and The seat Red..
that, I think, would be cool..

great job on the Wheels Steve,

If nothing else..The Spring from the Springer would Tie the Top half and the Rims together..
Then maybe some Red Pin-Striping on the seat,
and a TOUCH of the same red in the Grooves of The Grips.

I do like the Springers on it...A LOT!

peace,
Kev.

Clothespin "n" said:
would you be interested in my Feedback ????

The wheels look GREAT..
maybe find a set of Old( not so expensive grips )
Paint them with the same Red..
and Paint The Spring from the Springer Red
and The seat Red..
that, I think, would be cool..

great job on the Wheels Steve,

If nothing else..The Spring from the Springer would Tie the Top half and the Rims together..
Then maybe some Red Pin-Striping on the seat,
and a TOUCH of the same red in the Grooves of The Grips.

I do like the Springers on it...A LOT!.

Thanks Kev!

I like your idea about the spring...may have to go the powdercoating route with that. Not sure how well spray paint would hold up on that.

I have always wanted to have a pro stripe up the bike...I'd like a cool black red and white design done on the Brooks seat.

This one will be my work in progress. :mrgreen:

Hooch said:
looks killer steve who woulda thunk red wheels on a coppertone bike lol
I am sure the last thing you ever thought when you got that bike was to put red wheels on it

You are so right Hooch...ha ha.

I had actually wanted to go with black rims, but when my LBS had the red coaster wheel for $20 I thought it would be worth a try.

I'll be doing some Photoshop work to see what parts up top would look cool in red.

Thanks for the pedals Hooch...they look great!

Took Kev's advice and tried adding a little red to the springer in Photoshop.

Looks like I've got more paintin' to do. :wink:

reds.jpg

That looks SICK...

pipe up everyone..what are your thoughts..

Now....maybe paint the little Grooves on the Grips,
JUST inside the Grooves leaving the Black on Top,
maybe highlight the Oval area on the Emblem on the Grips.

Red is an Eye catcher and JUST a little bit on the Grips
will show...and FLASH!
then a Red Pin-Stripe job on the Seat like I have on my Rollfast...
Photoshop that and show us what she looks like..

Just my 2 cents,
looking good!

peace,
Kev.

Carrying the red in little accents throughout the bike is definitley a nice touch. Very original. I think the Brooks vs a bananna seat was a good move too.

If I had to make one suggestion it's don't touch the paint, it looks killer! The color scheme is perfect.

If you try those apes, you may want to take off the hot pink grips, they may look a little "off".

Nice bike Steve, Typhoons hold a special place for me!

looks good...apes are cool but if your comfortable with those they look good! The grips would look good with a little red.Too bad ya cant paint the black rubber thing on the spring bolt red too! I dont know if powdercoat will flex with a spring though...might crack

Markm said:
looks good...apes are cool but if your comfortable with those they look good! The grips would look good with a little red.Too bad ya cant paint the black rubber thing on the spring bolt red too! I dont know if powdercoat will flex with a spring though...might crack

good point Mark..
I wasn't thinking abot the FLEX Factor of the Spring and the Paint..
on that note, I don't know exactly how much one of those springs actually SPRINGS.

I have never owned a Springer like that.

I saw it done on another Bike and it looked killer.
as a Painter I can't believe I totally missed that one!

Steve..that may be an issue..Urathane will definatly have the best Flex
as far as a Red Finish Product goes.
not sure it was Urathane you used on the Rims..
It Probably was Urathane..

LMK what happens...

skoda said:
If I had to make one suggestion it's don't touch the paint, it looks killer! The color scheme is perfect.

yup yup.

front wheel looks great !!! i cant tell a difference from f/b, i like the red spring idea, otherwise it looks awesome, nice wear on the coppertone paint. i want it !!!! (i could go either way on the bars, i like the hangers and i like the straightbacks its got on it)

they should be able to powder coat with some flex to it, maybe get the seat spring and clamp while your at it. if it was me though id ride it as is, or as before, your just cant screw up a good lookin bike like that !!!!

if you paint the spring with the engine enamal it wont chip or crack. i painted the springs on one of my seats with wal-mart 97 cent flat black and its still there

Steve, You need to do somthing with your handlebars.. Flip em or Get some apes.. Thats my 32cents..

Thanks for the input guys!

Looks like I'll be painting a few items soon.

The spring does flex quite a bit...which is cool when you're riding because it does actually absorb vibration. I may have to track down some red engine paint. :wink:

Latest posts

Back