THE MAN WITH 1 RED WHEEL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I was trying to find a coaster brake wheel for my 67 Typhoon. I'm using the S-7s on my wife's 63 Schwinn American bike.

Hit my LBS today which is also an old Schwinn shop and they happened to have this sweet used red wheel that came off another bike. They (begin Brando voice) "made me an offah I couldn't refuse." Not sure what I'll do with the front wheel...maybe just leave em like they are...true rat style. 8)

Waiting for my springer to show up and I'm entertaining the idea of ape hangers too.

100_3277.jpg

100_3280.jpg

Sweet! It's hard to argue with a deal like that when it comes along.

Go for the apes! They do unbolt if you don't like 'em :D

-Mp

i think it would add to the ratness if you putta blackwall tire on the front, not that it needs it but i think it would draw attention away from the 1/red, 1/notred wheels.

wosschilder43.gif

The red looks great !!
I love apes and have them on 2 of my ratters but that
bike has such a great stance and look just the way it is
I might be a little hesitant to change it. But, you can always
go back.
:mrgreen:

I threw that on there today to see what a blackwall would look like. Definitely a lot easier to ride that's for sure.

I'll have to see how it looks with a springer when it shows up.

I may get the LBS to hunt down a matching red rim for the front. They thought that it had come off of a Raleigh of some sort. If they do find one I'll will probably look for a skinny white wall for the front.

Fun to piddle anyway. :wink:

Thanks guys.

One thing I have noticed because I've been spoiled by my Collegiate and that Marin Hybrid is that this Typhoon is hard to ride....i.e. pedaling takes some serious effort.

I'm thinking I need to find a different sprocket.

looks great RR, me likey, only thing that would look better is a pic with someone ridin it :mrgreen: NIRVE sells a red rim 26" too but like the $aid before, kinda pricey. but theyve got black spokes on em ($52 plus shippin)

CCR said:
looks great RR, me likey, only thing that would look better is a pic with someone ridin it :mrgreen: NIRVE sells a red rim 26" too but like the $aid before, kinda pricey. but theyve got black spokes on em ($52 plus shippin)

Wut CCR sed ,
But here is a link that has a red rim at 1/2 the Nirve price :

http://www.bikebuyers.com/PART-RIM-BC-26A-RED-F.htm

Hey RR i'm liking the apes idea all my bikes have ape hangers (if you haven't noticed) :D . I like these apes A LOT and have a set of 20" ones on my everyday bike they are wider than most I have seen and just tall enough for attitude 8). Here's the link and to let you know they are 7/8" and you have to run some spacers for 1" stems. I like the Typhoon!!!

http://www.zenital.com/New%20Handlebar% ... 0Grips.htm

Thanks Guys!

Thanks also Ratboy for the link...I may have to order one of those front wheels at that price. I need to make sure that the paint has a gloss to it though because the back wheel is glossy.

Got industrious this weekend and painted my front wheel, threw on a white wall up front and installed the cheapo springer.

100_3317.jpg

100_3321.jpg

100_3323.jpg

100_3324.jpg

Latest posts

Back