The Mad Plaidr! Update 5/24 Everything but the bag pipes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Put the cups in the headset and bottom bracket and reupholstered the seat today, No before picture but the seat was a rusty parts pile and I pieced it together. It's a start!
7165566e.jpg

I'm still thinking of a catchy title!

Looks like a good frame to start with for sure! I love how the rear end on those curve the way they do :)

Re: I'm still thinking of a catchy title!

Nice frame and seat .... how about the "Mad Plaid'r" :mrgreen:

"Stormy Irish Knight"? The plaid seat is awesome!

Thanks guys! I think the "mad plaidr" is awesome and probably gonna be my name for my build off thanks! Means I'll have to do something crazy like plaid fenders too...

G_rod32 said:
Thanks guys! I think the "mad plaidr" is awesome and probably gonna be my name for my build off thanks! Means I'll have to do something crazy like plaid fenders too...

Haha, Name it what you want man its your bike, just the first thing that popped in my head. The plaid fenders sounds pretty cool, reminds me of the "old navy" Electras from a while back though Mad Argyle'r doesnt have the same ring to it :lol: Love the frame by the way ... and the plaid :wink:

gp653641-00p01v01.jpg

The more CWC's the better. I already built mine, The Cuyahoga Crusader, but I think a Cleveland themed name of some kind would be cool. Do you know what year your bike is?

That's what I was thinking Randy, I got some western flyer kinda pointed balloon fenders I can use some spray adhesive and wrap it in that! If ya guys like cwc frames go check out my intro, I got a photo of my first western rat rod I did. As far as year on the frame I believe it is early or late 1940's, it is the same frame as my other and I thought it was late 40's but people have told me it could be pre-war

Usually on CWCs the down tubes give away the general time frame they were built. In the 30s the down tubes were straight, prewar 40s they had just enough bend in them to not be straight anymore and then post war 40s the curves in the down tube were more exaggerated. If you put all three side by side you could easily tell the difference. As long as they have rear facing dropouts I like them. Robert

There you go,"The Flying Scotsman".Of course you'd need Kilt guards.

I'm no expert, but that looks just like my 1953 frame, I believe that style was made 51-56.

29z4ncn.jpg

Latest posts

Back