The Lil Tiger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here is the one i wanna use. its a 1971 schwinn lil tiger. im not sure on the direction i wanna go yet.
DSCN0240.jpg

actually when i got this bike the whole entire thing was sprayed gold even the tires.
this build off gives me an excuse to re-do it.

Looks like a good start, can't go wrong with that style chainguard.

xddorox said:
Nice color if you ask me, are you considering redoing it in the same color?
i'm not sure about colors yet part of me wants to do the green and another part wants to go yellow. still undecided.

Ahab said:
yeah but i'll put the top bar back on for the build, i have 3 boys :)

Just some ideas that crossed my mind...

Don't know how that top bar mounts but could you make your own out of pipe or conduit? Maybe with a exaggerated arch or something a little different then the original.

I could also see bending the bottom and head tube back to give it more rake. New top bar and longer forks.

Of course it's also cool as it is.

And just in case someone tries this at home... When bending tubing like I mention above be sure your BB cups are in place or the BB could collapse/distort.

well im kinda on a stand still, i was told that it takes a certain stem for that frame that i do not have. and from what i've seen the stem and handlebars are one piece, so im still searching for the h-bar/ stem combo for it. (hint,hint)

I just picked up a litttle bmx bike with the bars and stem together...could probably cut the cross bar out if ya want them...you can have 'em for shipping.

if that doesnt work..someone on the schwinn site had an older tricycle that used the same bars for about 20 i think.....
ill see if i can find the thread......
found it but its a really old thread......
http://www.schwinnbike.com/heritage/sho ... hp?t=48887
dont know if its still around anymore...might want to post on there to see if anyone has some handle bars for yours(im sure someone has some rough ones theyd part with!)

i totally forgot about asking over at the schwinn forums. and thanks to markm for the offer but ima try to holdout for the lil tiger handlebars.

Latest posts

Back