The Lay-off Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I said if I got laid off, I’d enter the build-off. It’s been five years since I’ve entered.

The company I worked at let me and 50 others go due to dried up sales due to Covid.

So here is my less-than-creative entry. It’s a Husky heavy duty frame with a Vista fork, Felt rear wheel etc (see build journal).

Thanks for looking.

f2674e16184d749f5799e1db9d51af93.jpg

36305365a9c312897bce7b99eab9253b.jpg

Good luck everyone. Stay well. Cheers!

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy build with just enough sass to bring a little nasty! Dig the Felt wheel / tire in the back, really unique frame color, and the balanced mix of black and old chrome works perfectly.
:thumbsup:

...speaking of grips... Thompson Classic Bicycle Components has met a snag in operations. My molder in Providence RI has declined to mold any more orders. He's moved away from short runs and wants only to do large run automated jobs (my grip mold requires an operator). An engineering friend and I are working furiously to find a new mold house in CT. Wish me luck.

...speaking of grips... Thompson Classic Bicycle Components has met a snag in operations. My molder in Providence RI has declined to mold any more orders. He's moved away from short runs and wants only to do large run automated jobs (my grip mold requires an operator). An engineering friend and I are working furiously to find a new mold house in CT. Wish me luck.

If you need any sourcing help I'm happy to assist

As already said very clean! Awesome design, really, hats off. It took me a while to realize it, been watching it for three days unsure if I wanted to say something.
This wide/skinny tire combo is great. I love the lack of cables. The dark chain, the shiny hub and sprocket, the whole drivetrain looks so cool. I've been watching this exact model pedals, look great too. Bars, seat (I admit I find these seats uncomfortable), grips... The sprocket holes and the chainguard holes... Wow. It basically looks like a bike from the movies.

Will you share the wheel tire specs on you that bike?

I dig the fatty tire in the rear !

Latest posts

Back