BO15 The Kwaka

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mea a solid red chain, but rather something like this:
chain 1.jpg
chain 2.jpg
chain 3.jpg

No drama, just that every time I've ridden one of those saddles I was racked at least once while riding. Once bad enuff I just stopped and pushed the bike a bit bent over for a block or two home. That's why I cut that electric stingray in half a few years back.
IMG_20200618_115201.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to touch the WCC, so I stole it's fork tubes and used them on something else. Picked this saddle up for that bike when I decide to give it another go.
IMG_20200618_115140.jpg
IMG_20200618_115143.jpg

As per usual, all guns blazing to start then get distracted for a while. Had a bit of a break from build offs to upgrade my sons 24” bike with new wheels. upgraded the 7spd freewheel to a 9spd cassette with a new hub and rim. Then 1x which involved grinding off the riveted rings and cutting the remaining middle ring to make a spider. Also revived a dodgy shifter by switching one of the pawl springs from a similar but 8spd model as it wasn’t shifting properly.
B1098040-3A3E-4F5C-9FAB-E9634009702A.jpeg

Made some progress, or so I thought until mock-up.
1E3C24EA-A1AD-4D20-A553-7F5E816BA3DA.jpeg

While it looks nicely raked, it is more than intended and will probably get a change. Unless I take a left turn and finish the build in a different direction!

So I had another look at this. Seems the head angle is pretty close to the bike I’m inspired by. It doesn’t require a change. However the usual ‘winter blues’ have been visiting and not a lot of progress, so I doubt it’ll get finished by the deadline. Class one has been ticking away and is finished bar photos, so I can make a little more time for this one - pending motivation.

No drama, just that every time I've ridden one of those saddles I was racked at least once while riding. Once bad enuff I just stopped and pushed the bike a bit bent over for a block or two home. That's why I cut that electric stingray in half a few years back.
View attachment 125975
I couldn't bring myself to touch the WCC, so I stole it's fork tubes and used them on something else. Picked this saddle up for that bike when I decide to give it another go.View attachment 125977View attachment 125976
Nice cover.

Latest posts

Back