The Kraken

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
volksboy57 said:
wow you have some great parts just lying around! This build is gonna be really sick!
Yeah, it comes from hoarding. It drives my wife crazy, but I'm prepared for this bike build. Having problems with the wheel set, but more on that later.

Ok, I worked a lot of overtime this week, not much time for building bikes. I gave the seat parts white vinegar bath, etching primer and black spray.

IMG_0208 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
I'll try to finish the seat tonight...

Can't wait to see some of these cool parts thrown together.

kingfish254 said:
Can't wait to see some of these cool parts thrown together.
Yeah, me too!

I had some wheel troubles. The wheels with good rims had bad hubs. The wheel set that came with the bike has rust holes. So I busted the the hubs off the good rims. Trying to strip paint off the rims now.

If it's gotta a siren, it must be COOL! :D

Looks good so far :wink:

Lookin great Dave! That is gonna be one Sweet bike! I am almost done with your loner tool (finally). Thanks a million for lettin me use it. 8)

LittleBlueTrike said:
My husband's the winner! I'm not biased! Go, Lowpowerd, go!
Looks like I've got one vote already :lol:

On with the build...
This the first time I've actually recovered a seat.

IMG_0223 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

IMG_0224 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

IMG_0227 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Not bad if I do say so myself. A little more stretching of the cover and it should be good to go.

Lookin good! Seat looks great! BTW I think I'm done with your threader, so will get it back to you by the weekend. Thanks a million for letting me use it! 8)

LowpowerD said:
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Upholstery is not my forte.

Looks great to me! Wish I could upholster like that! 8)

One of the things I like about the build off is that it gives me a good excuse to try things that I would normally pass on. Wining doesn't really matter, it's all about taking my bike building skills to the next level. I plan to teach myself how to braze soon.

Latest posts

Back