The Jiggy Higgy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my parts :mrgreen:

Rick at House of Wheels tells me the Kruzzer King fork is the same or similar to the repop Schwinn criuser forks. All I know is the fit is too tight with my wheel set up. It rubs ever so slightly. This may go away when I set up the leaf springer and offset the fork from the axle, but i still may want to slightly spread the forks apart.

Spin
2015rat0003-1.jpg

Got the fork and crank on. Sweatin' my hiney off in this 95 plus heat here in the NE. Had to hacksaw about 1/4" off the steer tube to get a good fit.

I need to get a 3" pipe to smash down between the forks to open them up a smidgeon. I also need to get a plate welded to the underneath of the steer tube so I can bolt on the Hootchie Springer.

I'm hoping I don't need to do any spreading on the lower rear stays, but won't know til I mount the chain.

Spin

2015rat0001-2.jpg

Nice Fatty!............Loooooks GOOD!

Just made the bolting plate that will attach the Hootchie Springer to the underside of the fork. It's made of 1/4" thick X 1-1/2" mild steel. Alot easier to drill than that leaf steel. :shock: I'll be using (4) 1/4" machine bolts with nylon lock nuts.

Now I've got to find a local welder to finish it up.

Spin

2015rat0001-3.jpg

I relize its too late but I just had an idea , wouldnt a leaf spring out a jeep be alot better for this style of fork, Its smaller and you probably wouldnt have to drill it....though, I have to say I have alot of respect for you guys drilling through that hardened steel like that.

Thanks to Sensor for erasing my boo boo away. Now I've got to make sure and do it right this time.

I think it's those sneaks he wears. They seem too nice to have on when you're working in the shop, but maybe thay give you good luck? I'll have to scrap my work boots for some Puma Clydes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks again!

Spin

Thanks for the props. Running into some probs with the fork. Too narrow for that fat meat. I tried to wedge a piece a 3" hardwood down the fork, but i couldn't get it to the bottom. I think I'll need some heat. Gonna buy some Maap gas which is hotter than propane. I'll try to heat it up and hopefully it'll open up.

One step at a time.... :mrgreen:

Spin

Latest posts

Back