The Jetflow Express - done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Jetflow Express - hellaflush lowpro tires..

the metro-bar bike is my felt little ....... - the front end is none other than a girvin...

63b57176.jpg

thanks for the kind words guys - last years build was such a botch for me, i want to get back on top. the odds are stacked against me (finals, graduating, moving, life) but im getting it done.

im buying myself an end of quarter gift, well 3 - 2 console radios, a 1953 roadmaster luxury liner (super rare green OG bike, and possibly the worlds oldest racycle) its going to be an exciting bicycle month

i found some great clearcoat with very very small metal flakes in it- in a spraybomb and it makes bare metal look like glass. the plan is strip the skirts, spray transparent red on the bare metal (in a few places) and clear coat the whole thing. im going to try a few more cleaning tactics on the fenders, brash brush, mag wheel polish ect. but if that doesnt work im going to wire wheel them and clear coat (if i ever wanted to fully restore it, it would be pretty easy.

im also going to spray that transparent red on the fenders as scallops - like the old x-53...

phoddto.jpg

whats with this transparent red stuff? well thats how murray used to do the tanks and racks. they would chrome the whole thing then spray transparent red over it...

0bf91ff4.jpg

now i just have to wire up my tail light...

9318d50a.jpg

you always build these big fat customs, i love it! can i have one? :p

ALLL THESE PRETTY PICTURES I AM CONFUSED. oh and that buick is just plain sick.

Very, VERY, cool 8)

I really like your stem choice. Your right-on about matching the rest.

That tailinght is incredible.

Very funny storyline :lol:

Looking forward to more.

stretch said:

well, I myself am big, fat and pretty custom, so i take that as a great big compliment!

about the other thing - i may be forced to liquidate some of my stash - of course rrb gets first crack. "its all about community, mang"

in bicycle news - still waiting for my tires, i pulled the classic move of wait outside until the mailman shows. then when he showed up without the package all he could say is "another bicycle mr. williamson?" he's trained well.

one time the UPS guy stuck around while i unboxed my 53 super cruiser imperial, he was almost as excited as i was.

a quick unrelated question not regarding the jetflow...

what do you guys think...

873319cc.jpg

seiss twins...

or

Insert photo here
period correct carbide lantern....

lobsterboyx said:
stretch said:

well, I myself am big, fat and pretty custom, so i take that as a great big compliment!

about the other thing - i may be forced to liquidate some of my stash - of course rrb gets first crack. "its all about community, mang"
dibs on the x-53 8)

so heres the best derail yet - i let my mania kick in today -

2 radios.
271a3b93.jpg

a roadmaster
8da02741.jpg

and a lamp...
c3c18f59.jpg

wait... roadmaster.... really lobsterboyx? really?

a9df46f1.jpg

a56a30aa.jpg

7801d76a.jpg

oooh la la... green light special

so heres the story - a close friend of mine bought this a few years ago - he used it as his college daily rider, he brought it back and while its condition deteriorated, its still a beautiful original bike. back when we first got it, we put the white tires and modded up the delta to have 2 led pods - green and white. he wanted to move on to a more normal bike but he wanted his precious roadmaster to stay in the fam. lets just say i obliged. others have said it, but ill stick to my word when i say that the CWC shockmaster fork is the best fork ever made. ive been lucky enough to have 3 bikes equipped with them, and every one of them, a winner.

still waiting on my jeralds... for the flow :?

tomorrow....racycle :roll:

Re: The Jetflow Express - "im a bwad wittle bwoy."

ummmm whats up with the bowden on the ground in the back of the pic? RAT IT RAT IT

Mr. Danny, you're a freak!!! I thought I was the only one who goes to bed at night contemplating what color to paint rims and how to build and mod lights... I'm actually attempting to build a RRBO entry.... It's under '52 Straightbar.... Looks like you've been up to Blue's too, now you are a Racycle geek too?

Man this is part of your collection :shock: I'm jealous :oops:

lobsterboyx said:
picked up some old road bike frame...

65a325bf.jpg

the bikes on the wall belong to a friend.

mine is just the oldest known example of them...

so i let my buying frenzy turn in to a selling frenzy - i sold my little ....... and my 48 hiawatha today :(

goodnight sweet prince
63b57176.jpg

and you as well squire...
DSC_0054.jpg

FINALLY... i got my jeralds in the mail. these tires are awesome, big, fat, lots of meat...

1369LoinT-BoneSteak.jpg

er... um... yeah...

9e926d34.jpg

i actually cheated a bit and mounted them first to my new roadmaster to see how they rode, and i can say, that they are smooth as glass and even with square tread they feel great. it makes that smooth shockmaster even better. i foresee more of them in the future.

anyway...

c66068da.jpg

0ad688fd.jpg

87ecdcba.jpg

all that comes to mind:
21866810010_large.jpg[

we ride 26 out here.

in other news:
i bought a spacelander
i love my new roadmaster.

e08fc30a.jpg

more to come- in a few days i get my speedo, still have to figure out some bars, then i have to do my special business to the skirtguards and chain guard. i have my secret weapon to unleash on the bike.

im going to be selling a few things so keep an eye out. (or ill take your eyes out) 8)

Latest posts

Back