The Jetflow Express - done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year sucked for me, I had just started at a new school and was still trying to find my stride. and i just could not complete "the elgin expirement" 41 elgin. dont worry about the fate of the old beast, shes doing just fine collecting dust in the corner of the garage. ive been collecting parts to give her a full restoration. there is a special story involving a new chainguard for this bike, but that story will be coming up soon...

efe51251.jpg

so lets focus on this years bike. shes a 1956 J.C. Higgins Jetflow. sporting original paint and chrome.
49c7a82b.jpg

I came to own it through 2 members from our humble little site.
baceb2ae.jpg

a1e23292.jpg

shes complete and i have (almost) everything i need to put her back together again - however, that may be a bit boring. - everyone likes gofast bikes here... right? and i love riding antique bikes as much as the next guy, but really commuting on these big boys....

dba28a71.jpg

can be a bit time consuming and tiring.

so... the plan is to make this jc higgins a lean (hahahahahaha) mean, commuting machine.

if that fails - ill put it together like the LLSX53 and we'll all have fun.

for now...

http://bicyclesource.us/product/profile ... -29565.htm

http://www.biking.com/files/cache/metro ... 0e7ff6.jpg

and

http://www.choppersus.com/store/product ... et-Billet/

Re: The Jetflow Express.

How many old cars on your street? Or did you take the pics in 1955 and come back to the future?

im low on giggawatts - otherwise, id be up and outa here.

why hasnt anyone done a delorean time machine bike.... hmmmm....

Ooooohhhhhh... love the frame :D

Me and you have the same tanks...only diffrence is yours are made for that bike. Mine will be on the inorrect frame. oh well is a rat, what can i say :roll:

hey hey, its time to bolt some stuff up...

6f794698.jpg

original headlight

782c1448.jpg

taillight...that will light up....

3b800013.jpg

magna square reflector pedals

to paint:
girls jetflow chain guard... going o have to mod this to fit big chain ring....
ccb83a52.jpg

why a girls guard...

oh...

0bf91ff4.jpg

9d4c9d3a.jpg

8)

Re: The Jetflow Express. SAY WHAT?

i like what your working with this time around! :mrgreen: that tank is so sweet too!

Whoa! Excellent build. Looking forward to the final masterpiece.

ever get that feeling... that itch... (not that one, go see a doctor for gods sakes!) but that itch that you get when you leave something incomplete? perhaps deja-vu?

ehhh... nahhh

so i got to work on this higgins.

i found this springer attached to some pile of junk... the higgins had 2 right hand rockers - and it was keeping me from installing the front fender and finishing the install on the front end.

de257b31.jpg

perhaps there is something im missing something but the rear brace is pretty difficult to install. the holes on the stays are much bigger than anything around. so i just kinda put it together for mockup purposes.

6e0b66d8.jpg

8148d319.jpg

i kept tripping over this stuff...

29fbefbb.jpg

8fc4436e.jpg

then i realized i may have forgotten to introduce you fully...

e65f4ee3.jpg

4958271c.jpg

fdd47170.jpg

thats original.

7d45f36c.jpg

40bccc12.jpg

layed on some paint...

ede16fe5.jpg

at this point i started getting frusterated and decided that we should ride, i summoned my girlfriend from the house and we took our prewars out for a ride (shes enjoying her new 35 silverking... it was her birthday on monday)

48f62348.jpg

the los angeles aqueduct

when i came back - i felt that itch... even harder.. but this time, i think i forgot the creme...

0aee9c91.jpg

758904e0.jpg

8e1b6e78.jpg

3df656cd.jpg

f38df1ff.jpg

5b89b2b6.jpg

so the long story short: a few months ago i found this....

attachment.php

I love how deluxe it is and ive decided to collect all those parts seen in this picture - and what do you know, ive found almost all of them, except that stewart warner floating hub

so what should i do? carry on with the jetflow express? or should i rebuild the elgin experiment in to the "1941 Elgin Los Angeles"

Re: The Jetflow Express....Painful itch (went to the doctor)

Where did you find the chain guard ?

now now, a girl doesnt reveal all of her secrets...

ill actually be posting about the chain guard in a few days - if you can hold out. 8)

there are SO many amazing frames and parts going into some of these bikes, its gonna take some real creative genius to surpass the beauty of these amazing vintage rats with cheapo parts... :(

Latest posts

Back