The Hepkat * I'm back!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really excited to put on my 1963 Honolulu license plate but I just came across the perfect plate for the Hepkat. That's how a Rat Fink spells Kat. I get excited about the simplest things.

Bike 26.jpg

Last edited:
Surfing thru the How To section I saw a thread on how to metal etch your own head badge. Great thread!! I've been looking for someone to make these badges for me now I can make them myself. Here is the design I came up with for my bikes.

Screen shot 2017-08-02 at 2.33.18 PM.png

Last edited:
Man I've really enjoyed watching this thread. The bike came out great and the headbadge design is spot on. Looks like something id hang in my tiki room. Great job bike bum

Man I've really enjoyed watching this thread. The bike came out great and the headbadge design is spot on. Looks like something id hang in my tiki room. Great job bike bum
Thanks Rebel, I'm not even close to being finished yet. I still have to mount the chain guard and build a bracket for the rear light and license plate. Then, I'm going to paint it blue with some silver metal flake. I'm just getting it ridable for a couple car shows I'm taking it to. As soon as these shows are over, which will be by April 19th, I'll be tearing it down and getting ready for paint.

I like everything in your pics man, the neighborhood, the bike, the board, the car...
please, don't post a pic of your girl!!! :D

I like everything in your pics man, the neighborhood, the bike, the board, the car...
please, don't post a pic of your girl!!! :D
Haha, I'm divorced so no girl right now. I am looking for a '50s rockabilly girl though. :blush:

This is why I hate getting a bike ridable before I paint it. I end out riding it everywhere before it's finished. What I need to do is tear it down so I won't keep riding it and maybe I'll finally paint it. :crazy:

Bike 35.jpg

Bike 42.jpg

Bike 41.jpg

Bike 39.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I hate getting a bike ridable before I paint it. I end out riding it everywhere before it's finished. What I need to do is tear it down so I won't keep riding it and maybe I'll finally paint it. :crazy:

OR, you can give it a good coat of wax and keep riding-looks great as is! You can always repaint it later, right? :D

OR, you can give it a good coat of wax and keep riding-looks great as is! You can always repaint it later, right? :D
I thought about clear coating it for now, never wax bare metal if you ever plan on painting it, but what I really need to do is just tear it down so I'll be forced to paint it. Trust me, the paint I have for it is going to be sweet!! I'm going in for back surgery soon so I'll be out of commission for about 6 weeks but there will be paint on it after that.

Latest posts

Back