The Hepkat * I'm back!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, since I had photobucket and all my pix were deleted, I had to go back and re-do this whole thread. Some new pix and some old ones.

Well, I've had my fun with the 'ol Evans, I decided it's time for a re-make. Faded paint and way too many battle scars made my decision.

bike.jpg

Bike 1.jpg

This is what it looked like when I first re-did it back in 1999. Pre digital camera days.

Bike 3.jpg

Bike 27.jpg

Tear down last night.
Bike 2.jpg

I start stripping the paint tonight. I'll be going with a metallic blue and silver metal flake. Not too sure about the rest of it but I'll figure it out as I go.

I'm thinking of something in the line of this, only with taller ape hangers.
Bike 4.jpg

Last edited:
If I wanted to change my mind on repainting the old Evans, it's too late now. Nice and shiny.
Bike 6.jpg

For all of you that wanted to see what a naked Evans looks like, here it is!
Bike 5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a huge Brian Setzer fan, so when I decided to paint my bike blue I had no other choice but to name it after one of his songs, 'When Hepcat Gets The Blues'.

I'm going to run a bobbed fender on the back. After going thru my stack of fenders I found this aftermarket one so I didn't need to chop up a vintage fender. So, after cutting, shaping and fixing a couple dents, viola!! I like how it fits.

Bike 12.jpg

Bike 13.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, nice and parallel with the tire.

Luke.
Thanks Luke. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to fenders. If the tire doesn't follow the line of the fender that's all I can stare at and it drives me nuts. I'm going to need to shim the bottom of the fender back a little to get the lines just right.

Hurry up and build it, it'll look more bichen hanging off the back of the '54 headed West to LSRU!!!!
I'm thinking about getting a roof carrier for the bikes so I don't scratch the new paint.

Latest posts

Back