1. In an effort to create a new clean RRB email newsletter list we're asking folks to re-subscribe. Don't miss out on the latest news, products and reviews. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE!

The Heart Attack

Discussion in 'FINISHED ANYTHING GOES BUILD OFF BIKES' started by Uncle Stretch, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Ok I'm finished. It turned out better than I expected. It rides really good. The shifter arm needs to be about 2 inches longer ,but I'm callling it done.I took my riding pictures in 1st and should have been in a little higher gear,But I was distracted being a movie star. I'm glad the response has been positive towards my build. It makes me try harder on the next one. Maybe something a little more wildly designed. This one is pretty straight forward and simple. I was really just trying out my new bender ,and building bikes out of tubing instead of the schedule 40 pipe I normally use. This is a test for me and I'm happy with the results so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    added a light,and the chain. :shock:

[​IMG]

And for the proof it will ride

[​IMG]

2. metalman72

metalman72

0   0   0

nice work Uncle Stretch ,the frame design looks great ,color awsome love that orange , fork looks good ,i hope you like using tubing now on your builds,i used 1 1/2 .095 wall and the same bender ,cant wait to see whats coming up next . Oh by the way what color orange is that?

later Steve

3. UncleKudzu

UncleKudzu

0   0   0

i really like this one, and seeing the video makes me like it more, since it looks like it's a fun and comfortable ride. very well done.

4. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

I bought some 1 5/8 '' that was 11 gauge. That bender deformes it because the rollers are 1 1/2'' . it made a really cool oval shaped tube and that is what the top tube wound up being. A little harder to bend but really cool when your through. The two side tubes ...front and back are 16 ga.1 1/2 ,and the bottom one was 16ga ...1 1/8 '' so I was trying all kinda of sizes. This whole build was just a practice run. Now I know what I like and what my bender will do to what size tubing. I love that 11 ga. its heavy and welds like a dream. You can really burn it in without any problems. Then I just layed it out on my jig table and decided on a design. It was a simple not too radical of a design. I will take more chances on this next one now that I know where I'm going. The orange is by sparvar. they only have one shade. I found out real quick...if you want bright orange then spray it over white primer....if you want a more burnt orange then spray it over black primer. I went for the bright with white primer. Glad yall like it.

5. OUTLAW

OUTLAW

0   0   0

nice. a very simple design. looks like it rides good. great job.

Outlaw

6. kram

kram

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Turned out awesome! Simple is often hard to do and you really pulled it off. Everything on this bike seems to work together really well.

7. sensor

sensor

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

and the minute man award goes too.......:p
    looks great and i wish i could build something as clean that fast!

8. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Hey thanks Mark , as usual your input helps a bunch. Its nice to have another designer on staff... :lol:

Sensor its not a big trick when your retired and you have 8 hours...well 6 or 7 depending on the length of nap time...to work on a build. It still took me a few days to do this one. These complete scratch builds are a little time consuming.

9. texasbigjon

texasbigjon Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

that frame was screamin`for a triple tree fork,to balance it out! :D the orange,black and chrome looks great together!great to hear the frame jig is coming out of retirement. :D :D

10. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Yep Jon ,but the builds are going to get weirder and weirder as I get more comfortable with what works and what dosent. One more fairly simple one and then on to strange. :lol:

11. Fireproof

Fireproof

0   0   0

Smack dab in the middle of the "land of fruits & n
    Great job Uncle Stretch! I really like frames that have the chain stays that drop below the bottom bracket . . . it helps the bike have a nice, low look. Keep up the good work!

BTW, glad to see you passed your stress test.

12. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Hey thanks Fireproof, it was fun to build...maybe I can do a few more before this is over with. I know I cant enter any others ,but it will be fun to see how many I can build in a month.
    Thanks about the stress test ....Now all I have to worry about is a million other things....Hard to get old. :lol:

13. No Talent Clown

No Talent Clown

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's a very nice looking bike. Very cool in it's simplicity, not to undersell or understate it in any way.

14. deorman

deorman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Very nice. The fork fits this one well. 8)

15. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Thanks Deorman, My wife decided on the fork selection. :lol:
    Glad you like it NTC. The next one will be better I hope.....Lets see you can change bikes entered once....hummm

16. johnp.smith

johnp.smith

0   0   0

VERY NICE, 8) the frame looks so simple yet its totally one of a kind and the fit is great for you. I love the color too. Does it make you thisty for a Sunkist?

17. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

I had one I built when I first started this madness and I named it O J . it was my favorite for a long time. Been wanting another one that color since. Its a little loud....Glad you like it.

18. MWSCOOTERS

MWSCOOTERS

0   0   0

Did you paint it, or did you send it to a bodyshop? looks awesome! Greg

19. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Its rattle can Valspar. The stuff worked good for me.

20. Tommy Atoms

Tommy Atoms

0   0   0

Nice job! Now go out and wear that thing out.