The Heart Attack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I'm finished. It turned out better than I expected. It rides really good. The shifter arm needs to be about 2 inches longer ,but I'm callling it done.I took my riding pictures in 1st and should have been in a little higher gear,But I was distracted being a movie star. I'm glad the response has been positive towards my build. It makes me try harder on the next one. Maybe something a little more wildly designed. This one is pretty straight forward and simple. I was really just trying out my new bender ,and building bikes out of tubing instead of the schedule 40 pipe I normally use. This is a test for me and I'm happy with the results so far.

forkchange002.jpg

forkchange004.jpg

forkchange005.jpg

forkchange006.jpg

added a light,and the chain. :shock:

headlight003.jpg

And for the proof it will ride

nice work Uncle Stretch ,the frame design looks great ,color awsome love that orange , fork looks good ,i hope you like using tubing now on your builds,i used 1 1/2 .095 wall and the same bender ,cant wait to see whats coming up next . Oh by the way what color orange is that?

later Steve

I bought some 1 5/8 '' that was 11 gauge. That bender deformes it because the rollers are 1 1/2'' . it made a really cool oval shaped tube and that is what the top tube wound up being. A little harder to bend but really cool when your through. The two side tubes ...front and back are 16 ga.1 1/2 ,and the bottom one was 16ga ...1 1/8 '' so I was trying all kinda of sizes. This whole build was just a practice run. Now I know what I like and what my bender will do to what size tubing. I love that 11 ga. its heavy and welds like a dream. You can really burn it in without any problems. Then I just layed it out on my jig table and decided on a design. It was a simple not too radical of a design. I will take more chances on this next one now that I know where I'm going. The orange is by sparvar. they only have one shade. I found out real quick...if you want bright orange then spray it over white primer....if you want a more burnt orange then spray it over black primer. I went for the bright with white primer. Glad yall like it.

nice. a very simple design. looks like it rides good. great job.

Outlaw

Hey thanks Mark , as usual your input helps a bunch. Its nice to have another designer on staff... :lol:

Sensor its not a big trick when your retired and you have 8 hours...well 6 or 7 depending on the length of nap time...to work on a build. It still took me a few days to do this one. These complete scratch builds are a little time consuming.

that frame was screamin`for a triple tree fork,to balance it out! :D the orange,black and chrome looks great together!great to hear the frame jig is coming out of retirement. :D :D

Yep Jon ,but the builds are going to get weirder and weirder as I get more comfortable with what works and what dosent. One more fairly simple one and then on to strange. :lol:

Hey thanks Fireproof, it was fun to build...maybe I can do a few more before this is over with. I know I cant enter any others ,but it will be fun to see how many I can build in a month.
Thanks about the stress test ....Now all I have to worry about is a million other things....Hard to get old. :lol:

Thanks Deorman, My wife decided on the fork selection. :lol:
Glad you like it NTC. The next one will be better I hope.....Lets see you can change bikes entered once....hummm

VERY NICE, 8) the frame looks so simple yet its totally one of a kind and the fit is great for you. I love the color too. Does it make you thisty for a Sunkist?

I had one I built when I first started this madness and I named it O J . it was my favorite for a long time. Been wanting another one that color since. Its a little loud....Glad you like it.

Latest posts

Back