The Green Monster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So new to the board and already I'm outing myself as a Red Sox fan!!

I decided to take on another project that's been looming instead of stripping more paint off the Superchief. I've had an AMX Swing hornet bike that I've been taking parts off for a while..........

mail-29.jpg

and got a cool green stingray frame from the same person as sold me the Superchief....

mail-31.jpg

so, combine that with an extra 26" cruiser rim lying around and an exactly matching 26" tire to the stock tire on the AMX, and here we have The Green Monster:

mail-30.jpg

would love to go banana with the seat, but unfortunately, yes we have no bananas right now....

I might ride this to work tomorrow.....sure was fun freaking people at the park out with it today!

if anyone local to DFW wants the AMX frame and has even an old banana seat to trade (or a seat that would be appropriate for the Superchief...see other thread.....) let me know!

Professor Paul

Malvern Star did that from the factory in the 70's:
1956_1.jpg

but they used a straight fork, I guess for the rake and trail issues. How does yours handle?

yeah! and, I just got lots of those looks tonight as i rode through downtown dallas with some of my cycling buds....had to hit a couple bars for some monday night drink specials! The Green Monster in Downtown Dallas:

Photo-0305.jpg

low light and a camera phone makes for a blurry picture. it had nothing to do with the 3 youngs double chocolate stouts I had..... ;)

if you're in DFW and going to the st patty's parade on greenville.....keep an eye out for the green monster in the parade!

Latest posts

Back