The Goose - late swap to the INTERCEPTOR

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My plans to get started went awry today. So far I have a donor and a dream. Based on today’s inspection with a tape measure the donor is going to need some modifying, hence Class 2. If the tear down shows me something different it might end up shunting to Class 1.

Anyway, here’s the donor.

C55935B8-D2EB-4E4C-9B51-77854940F325.jpeg
66D4EBB1-0E85-458E-BAB9-472F59762DC8.jpeg
AF20C805-8E15-4F07-8294-E1F6FB9179A7.jpeg

The dream is an e- bicycle homage to a motorcycle.

Wow! Elect-RaT-fying build idea!
RaT oN~!

Not a lot of progress yet, I’ve decided I need to finish a coffee table first to get it out of the garage. But a partial tear down revealed some quality Chinese wiring waterproofing.
1EE85430-8CC4-41F9-A6D0-6D358DF4FFE4.jpeg

Either that or customs missed another contraband package and so did the receiver.

I’ve also been contemplating a build with a complementary theme to fit in class 1 but don’t know how I’ll go for time. The finish date is still a long way of though ...

Last edited:
Have almost stripped the donor down. Pics tomorrow when I can spread it out in the light and show how many bits there are.

One of the reasons for using this as a donor is that they have become illegal here. As the pedals are an afterthought, it is no longer considered a bicycle with electric assist. Legally pedalling must be he primary means of propulsion. Therefore it is considered a motorbike and must be registered - but why would you when they no good to ride in traffic (too slow). It was cheap for an e-bike but the batteries are cactus and I’ll buy a lithium replacement I think.

D9AD4167-84E1-4BD6-8031-10037AACDB8D.jpeg
B7985850-7934-49D5-A5F3-2B0B8B8C4E6D.jpeg
Crikey it’s got a lot of parts! And so many screws (in the plastic tub)

I’m aiming to fit 26” wheels and will re-lace the hub motor to a proper sized rim. It needs to be a proper bicycle first, then get some motorbike style enhancements. Will probably require some surgery to the rear section to fit bigger wheels and some new forks.

Picked up some new tyres this morning from a local community bike centre. 4 near new 26” city bike tyres For $5 ea.

Take off about 1.7kg for the crate and left with about 12kg of stuff removed - and it is still a heavy frame and wheels.

Still 12kg is like the wieght of a whole normal 26" wheel bicycle these days, and still it's 12kg saved!

looks pretty much like a bicycle under there except the floor/seat loop .. subbed , i wana see what this becomes

Progress has been slow, but I received the spike and have rebuilt the electric hub to a 26” rim. I’d hate to have got a flat on the original wheel, I couldn’t get the tyre off so ended up cutting the spikes to get hw hub out rather than undoing them. Then again, the tyre is pretty heavy so probably wouldn’t get too many punctures.

Latest posts

Back