'The Goon' - Raw Aluminium Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoKeR63 said:
icyuod2 said:
that looks wicked cool, not particularly keen on the modern stem, but wicked cool none the less.
True, but the top-loader stem allows the bars to be quickly flipped, I'd say their a keeper.

Bingo :wink: I think its gonna cop a lick of black paint to help 'hide' it, has worked okay for the crank and seatpost :D

JoKeR63 said:
icyuod2 said:
that looks wicked cool, not particularly keen on the modern stem, but wicked cool none the less.
True, but the top-loader stem allows the bars to be quickly flipped, I'd say their a keeper.

good point, but a bmx style stem would only have a couple extra allen keys and a whole lot more style.
something like one of those old gt box style stems, was what i was thinkin.

like i said, the bike rocks! was just food for thought. :)

Thanks guys. Ive been drooling over the board trackers on here for years, so Im just happy to build my own! Only my 2nd 'proper' bike build, so pretty happy with it.

xddorox said:
Is that real leather grip tape?
Vinyl with a faux leather effect - the match is pretty good for the seat though, which is proper leather. Brand is Charge, only thing I dont like is the Charge logos on it. The good news is that I have enough left over to do a 2nd set of bars with regular sized grips.
charge-ubend-tape.jpg

Gdcast said:
kinda reminds me a B-29
Yup, always loved the old planes, and polished aluminum boat tailed speedsters of 20s and 30s, so the look is kinda period correct :wink: Speaking of, Im thinking a name change is on the cards too, given its taken a classier direction than originally intended. Current forerunner is latin :shock: Intaminatis fulget honoribus which translates to 'Untarnished, she shines with honor' 8)

Maiden voyage today, did about 7 miles around Sydney and it rode really nice, surprised it wasnt too bad on my back
SableandArgent103.jpg

SableandArgent108.jpg

Thanks guys :D Bought a magicshine light on the way home from work, had to try it it out so threw it on the closest bike to hand, this one! Great fun on the dirt at night!

The light
light.jpg

The track I rode
Image015.jpg

N8NBOX said:
So how do you like that light so far, just ordered one myself, hoping it doesn't take a month to come in like everyone is saying it will.

Light is awesome, easy to attach to the bike with the rubber o rings supplied. I was concerned about it dropping down as I hit bumps but it didn’t move at all. I also love the fact its easy to swap from bike to bike - great for when you’ve got 8 bikes, and like to keep the bars ‘clean’ without lighting mounts.

Have picked up some decals for the top tube, gonna slap those on. I’ve got one final idea for the bike, just not sure if it will work or not… got a while to play with it before the build off finishes so we’ll see what happens.

I realy like the look of the aluminium, very nice...
hewey said:
Vinyl with a faux leather effect - the match is pretty good for the seat though, which is proper leather. Brand is Charge, only thing I dont like is the Charge logos on it. The good news is that I have enough left over to do a 2nd set of bars with regular sized grips.
charge-ubend-tape.jpg

Exactly the same as I used for my bike: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27651
Not sure about the logos on it either, but I like how it feels.

Grtz,
Peter

Ive added a sticker to the top tube and Im calling it done. Will get some final finished shots when I get time :?

Couple of weeks back took the bike on the Sydney Tweed Ride, good fun riding with 140 people dressed in tweed :D Heres a pic of me with my girl at the end of the ride :wink:
37214_408819636313_97309896313_5006151_8090794_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back