THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/27 fork mock up pics

so when are ya going to gwt the trike rear end done?

Outlaw

sorry to dissapoint you outlaw but this one will have two wheels and sorry to sensor as well wont be pink and sorry to all will be rideable :mrgreen: thanks guys for the comments and im just getting started on this one. i am hard at work getting the front sprocket done so that i can get the crank in since it has now been thrown down that i need to have her in riding mock up at the june 13th let em roll ride. should be interesting now i just need a skip chain and i will be in bizz. figured out what i am going to do for the tail light still un decided on the headlight, and then there is the bell. well you all will have to wait and see on that one :D

ALthough I can appreciate the long look you were going after, I gotta say the lines of the fork with the Monark rocker plate and matching bends you did in the stanchions were real nice looked like a Pierce fork on the old motorcycles. The new rocker plate looks like it's gonna put a big moment arm on the those front stanchions at a pretty good angle and also the springs neither of which were very strong at least on the one I had, is it still going to be active?

hey karfer....ive still got the chain you gave me if you really need one
btw..im stopping by osh for some pink rattle can before the ride :p

i know it is going to be more plush and your right it might be too much for the stock springs. but thats ok i have those 392 hemi double valve springs that came out of a top fuel dragster i think those will hold it up. as for the top plate again i think it will be fine and if need be i will make another. but it is all up in the air until i get her on the ground and sit on it. i dont care how cool a bike looks if it does not function it is useless to me. and sensor i might if your not going to use it but i am waiting for zoso he is changing his cycle truck to regular link and i will get my chain back

Well if you ordered the correct rear wheel :wink:

You can have the chain back whenever you want it, the gearing is so wrong on the truck that I really don't ride it because it takes forever to get where I'm going. can I use a regular chain tool on a 1" pitch chain? Or you can come get the whole truck and pull it off too. Let me know yo,

nooooo let me come and get it. i will order the right wheel tues i am sorry dude about getting the 1 speed.

well aganst what some have said to me about "i should not keep posting update pics till later in the build" but i am having fun and who cares if others use other people's ideas lets face it these bikes are so hard to make individual and do things that have not been done before. anyways enough rants and here are some pics

pics117.jpg

always liked this version of the mag schwinn sprocket and because it is on the smaller side it will work good with the gearing i want to go with.

pics118.jpg

after a quick hit with some SOS got er shinnin once again.

pics119.jpg

hmmmm what do we have here? old 5hp briggs and straton piston hmmmmmm

pics121.jpg

we drill a hole in it thats what we do!!

pics120.jpg

some of you might have seen this at the hooligans swap meet, well i just found a use for it. this is an old "auto lamp" light and the best part is the number at the end is 67 go figure :wink:

pics122.jpg

and finally mocked up still have to figure out how to wire it up but that can wait i still have the mount to figure out.....more to come!!

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/28 tail light and sprocket

yep, very kool. yeah, too bad it won't be a trike. oh well. this is just as good. carry on.

Outlaw

heavy? naw that piston is light it is aluminum and as for the con rod shhhhhh wait and see my friend :mrgreen:

Without piston rings that tailight's gonna SMOKE like crazy! :lol: .........COOL idea.

Latest posts

Back