THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/16 MO parts pics

ah buddy i am just bustin ya. actually it is good that you gave it to me it gave me a kick in the u know what to build something i have been lazy lately busy at the shop building bikes for other people. i am mad though i actually did some cutt'in and weld'in last night took pics then forgot the camera today so you will all have to wait till tues. i love this bike it is quickly becoming one of my fav bikes.

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/16 MO parts pics

pics084.jpg

got the one side of the tank welded in. i wanted this bike to have a more rough look so i went with the spot welds.

pics085.jpg

found a leaf spring :mrgreen:

pics102.jpg

i had to do some metal work to the other side to get it to fit in the frame. the brackets hit bad and since i did not need them anyways off they went. the rear part of the tank also had to be trimmed a bit to fit right.

pics103.jpg

these are going to be the rockers for the fork. as you can see they are a lot longer than the stock ones to try and rake the front end out making the wheelbase longer as well

pics104.jpg

using my jig saw i had at it. but i bent a few doing this cause if you look close i am cutting through two pieces of steel so that they match.

pics107.jpg

basic shape cut out

pics108.jpg

rocker bolt holes drilled and cut the drop out

pics110.jpg

drilled the holes for the brass knuckles

pics111.jpg

grind the tack welds down pop em apart and there ya are. they still need finish work but you get the idea.

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/26 PROGRESS pics

pics101.jpg

and i got the wheels laced up i forgot to take a pic of the front wheel but here is the rear sitting in the frame. i love this bike i cant wait to get er done so i can go for a ride

I like where this bike is going!....................But wait a minute.Those are sensors shoes! Below is Exhibit "A". (Sensors RRBO3 shoes)

mrmoto003.jpg

i promise those are truly karfers shoes in the picture he posted(the one kota posted are mine and as you can all see i lace mine so i dont have to tie them in karfers picture they are tied and arent vans)
now i dont know why id be bummed about the tank........it wasnt anything i had an attachment to(i.e. not a real prewar :wink: ) this gonna be in rideable mock up for 2nd sat. ride?

hey! some more of those pic's again, I like those pic's :p :p . might have to try that someday :p . looking better all the time there, :D

hmmmmm that is a good idea i might just be able to pull that off i want to test out the front fork anyways to make sure it is safe. as for my shoes kota come on i am way too cheap for vans mine are 20 dollar wallmart specials. but yes that picture is just for you buddy. as for putting the fork together i might toss them on just to make sure it all works. i dont have the rear end done i am still hunting down steel for it.

i found the steel i want to use i just have to go get it top secret hush hush u know how it is. :mrgreen: unless you want to come out sometime to the house

pics101.jpg

new rockers mounted i still want to take some off the bottom so it is curved that hard straight line bugs me

pics101.jpg

pics114.jpg

front wheel in now i can start to see how she will sit. note how long the front end is now that is what i was shooting for

pics116.jpg

mock up with the bars and stem i might or might not go with

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/27 fork mock up pics

That will be a cushy ride with the rockers that long. Looks great.

so have you ever completly built a bike, only to take it off that stand of yours and realized some parts are on upside-down? :lol:

no not yet but i also use the stand to paint frames and i have painted frames only to take it off and flip it over to find i missed a spot on the top tube :oops: . yea the front end should be cushy and i might have to remove that side of the tank so i can work out what i want to do to the other. an idea poped into my head this morning as what to do with the horn button hole :mrgreen: oh well thats how it goes sometimes

Latest posts

Back