THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN (ITS ALL DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/07 pics

Those handlebars are sweet... nice work!

i will try that it did not come to me last night. i think for now the bars will stay they are super cool, i have never seen another pair in person. as for the upside down pics if you notice the frame is in my home made stand that flips the frame over and uses the seat post tube to hold it. works well and it was free :mrgreen:

thats going to be sweet, get crazy and go all out, let me know if i can help

you know me thats the way i build. and cman the bars were off billet proof i just did not like the way that bike was going so i am starting over on that one but i like the bars better on this one

pics.jpg
finally found a good high flange front hub. now i can get started building the wheels but i have a few more tricks in store for this hub and the rear. sensor you might want to turn away :mrgreen:

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/08 update

well only the gear is going to get ummmm modified so it wont be so bad

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/08 update

pics064.jpg

thanks to frank again for the rims but after seeing the red on the inside i wondered of the paint on the outside would clean up. first i hit them with some SOS, then rubbing compound, then wax and this is what i got the before and after

pics066.jpg

also took some time polishing the front hub a bit. i love rat rods but i do like the parts clean

pics068.jpg

this is how we bend tubing in galt :mrgreen:

pics070.jpg

now you can see how the new slight bend in the monark truss matches the curve on the schwinn blade fork. much more to come on the fork it should be interesting lol. and thanks to all for the kind words to keep me going i need it

Re: THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN 5/12 NEW update

forks flow alot better now :mrgreen: ......now i really want to know where to get one of those sticky garbage cans :shock:

Agreed, much better flow to the fork legs with the matching bend. Looks like my bend method except sitting down, foot up on the vise, grab ahold and grunt.

well when we got lower on the fork we could not get the leverage needed so we backed up my truck to his bumper and used a tie down strap. thats doin it rat style 8)

karfer67 said:
i will try that it did not come to me last night. i think for now the bars will stay they are super cool, i have never seen another pair in person. as for the upside down pics if you notice the frame is in my home made stand that flips the frame over and uses the seat post tube to hold it. works well and it was free :mrgreen:

I have one of those stands also. Its the handle bar piece from an old razor scooter I clamp in my benchvise.

mine is two heavy pieces of plate steel at the bottom welded to some pipe for the up right. i have a schwinn seat post welded in the top to hold the frame but i also made another adapter so that i can better hold other frames with larger seat tubes. it works really well and was free which i like best :mrgreen:

Nice looking progress.

i will be happier once i get the wheels built then it will look like something

Latest posts

Back