The Fun Factory Gallery Pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is an Ellsworth The Ride Commute. I put on a Metrpolis bar, Evo stem, new tires to replace the dryrotted ones it came with, a longer seatpost, amber reflectors, I changed out all the cheap aluminum bolts holding the rack on with black steel hexcaps, and since this pic was taken it also received a carbon bottle cage and a better set of lights. A fun and fast cruiser

This is my craziest build ever. It started out as a 2010 Specailized Allez Steel. It had a drop bar and a lot of cheap parts. It received a Metropolis bar and Tektro levers for starters and was used to commute on. The shape of the bar allows it to lock on the the railing on Bart trains as you can see. And the right side of the bar is also wrapped in handlebar tape to keep it stable there. I used this bike because of its downtube shifters, the clearance behind that vertical railing on the Bart cars is minimal and no type of shifters can slide through it. I rode it for months with just the bar change and wanted something faster. It had a 39/52 up front and a 13/26 9 speed with a basic derailer. I stole the drivetrain off my Felt S32 for it. It now has an FSA carbon crank with a 34/50 up front and an 11/28 11 speed on the rear with a 105 derailer and shifter combo. The wheels are much faster. Also brought the seat, seatpost and a carbon cage. This is what I ride to work most days.

This is a 2014 New Albion Homebrew. I started by putting on the honey brown Brooks Professional and got carried away from there. Changed out the pedal but forgot the brand, Christophe toe clips and straps, Michelin gumwall tires, NOS in the box Zefal pump and Campagnolo umbrella clip, nice japanese bell, Electra vintage style bolle cage, amber reflectors and since this pic was taken, it received an olive Brooks Isle of Wight tool bag under the seat

This is a 2013 Transition Klunker. Front fork came off a Jesse James chopper and was cut down a few inches, replica hairpin seat and tool bag came from Rideable Bicycle Replicas, bmx pedals, bottle cage. The old waffle grips came from a rusty bmx bike at a garage sale. It was like they were the only useable parts on the bike and they were perfect. Bought it for $5, removed the grips and sold the rest for $10. This bike has been down the Railroad grade on Mt Tamalpais a few times and has many trips ahead still

This is my freshly overhauled 2007 Scattante FR-560. It is the bike Ive had the longest and ridden the most miles on. I even rode it up Mt Evans in Colorado and around Lake Tahoe. I let the maintenance go and really wore it out. Two years ago I replaced it with a new Specailized Sirrus and it started to become a parts bike. But we had a history together and I slowly started getting new parts for it. It just received a new 50t chainrinring, chain, cassette, bottom bracket, cables, and brake shoes. The used wheels and tires were off my Specailized Allez steel. I like the silver on the blue so went with them. Its all 105 and is my San Francisco road bike unless Im commuting on the Allez. I plan to ride it from San Francisco to Los Angeles in June 2017 while participating in the Aids/Lifecycle Ride

Ok real quick, have to go to work. This was a 74 Honda CB 750. Amen Savior frame, girder fork, and geared really low. Off the line, it would keep up with a Ninja 600. Some bad Karma attached to it during a divorce so I sold it. Have a few motorcycles now but this thread is for bicycles. People think Im wierd when I say Im more of a bicyclist than a motorcyclist. It had a second headlight mounted to the bar the toolbag is on, that headlight is now on the Kona chopper

This is my touring bike. Its a 2013 Salsa Vaya. I bought it and had it outfitted for a solo trip from Denver to San Francisco. Life through me a curve ball a month before I was suppossed to leave on my trip and it never happened. I added extra brake levers near the stem and changed the seat to my favorite, a Specialized Body Geometry Milano. I also have front pannier holders, the Civia rear rack went on my Allez and the fenders went on my rain bike. I fit it for my future wife to ride for a while until I bought her a new Specialized Dolce. Its future is to collect dust at this point. I may do a tour at some point. If I get the chance to, I already have the perfect bike.

This is my main road bike at home in Hollister. Its a 2015 Specialized Sirrus Comp. also added a Body Geometry Milano seat, spd pedals, rack and bag. My biggest ride so far on it was San Francisco to Los Angeles while doing the Aids Lifecycle ride. Theres lots of good roads to ride in Hollister, like the one on the sign behind me. Wait a minute, thats my name

Oh what the heck, this is my 2012 Kawasaki Voyager 1700. I added a phone holder to play my music and thats about it. Its my old man bike that I hope to grow old with. Same goes for the girl

Last edited:
IMG_0317.JPG

This is a Norco frameset a friend gave me. Kenda 24x3 tires on Worksman wheels and some odds and ends.

IMG_0289.JPG
Murray Eliminator, my childhood muscle bike. I came into the frameset and built it up with generic parts. Have to work on my wheelies, its been a few decades

Latest posts

Back