THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Schwinn is releasing a limited edition chrome Sting-Ray in honor of Al Fritz this November to Schwinn dealers celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Sting-Ray. Limited to 500 bikes, these will only be offered to certain Schwinn dealers. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of Al Fritz. I hear that the retail price will be $550 for one.

Anyone in the DFW area interested in pre-ordering one can contact Mitch at Don Johle's Bike World in Garland, Texas.

Phone: 972-240-7678
http://djsbikeworld.com

5nvf.png

s4av.png

u3gn.png

s4eu.png

jkl5.png

erjs.png

2yz9.png

vm7a.png

Yeah...I wondered about that myself. :lol:

Perhaps they should have said..."Al Fritz Signature Series."

A couple of discrepancies - Mag sprocket -pic shows Sweetheart, Chrome Fenders and pic shows black.

Not sure that I like it. The only chrome frames were Paramounts and I afraid this will just cheapen the looks.

I think the one thing that bothers me about this is that they had to go and use the old Black Friday Krate platform.

You would think if you were going to celebrate the 50th anniversary and honor the creator of the bike that you could have put a little more effort into it....ala the 90s version reproductions. You know at only 500 bikes some of these dealers would shell out big bucks to have a really nice reproduction at their shop.

Seeing that the whole bike is chrome this time...I can imagine how bad these will look in a year or two after they are out. :shock:

That's more like what I'm thinking, the Al Fritz signature decal. Would be cool if it was in the seat vinyl. Kind of wishing they would show a picture at least. :|

Might get one on order from my dealer if the itch needs scratched ...

Correction ... I see the decal on the downtube now. Will have to wait until they have some real pics out I suppose to see the actual bike.

I'll bet they are all built in red china too. Nice way to honor an American icon :?

Let’s face it, it’s a Made in China, chrome and black BFK skip for 500-dollars - Schwinn could have done better to honor the 50th anniversary of this American icon and its patriarch.

I don't know about the bike but I'd love to get my hands on a bunch of those slicks to have on hand for builds.

Reminds me of the cheap chrome lowrider bike I saved from the scrapyard not long ago. Probably made in the same factory. :roll:

If it's the same chrome they used on the OCC's and the BFK's they might as well go ahead and name it the Krusty Krate.

REALLY,,,???? , A kmart? Toys are us special?..... For the most famous bike in history???? ...? we should leave them all at the Dealers?,,,,, R.I.P

People are going to buy them just because of the limited number....no matter where they are made or how crappy they are.

Most folks would never ride it anyway. Too bad the instruction manual doesn't tell you to store it in your house free from any humidity. :lol:

Imagine buying it, storing the unopened box for 10 years looking to make a quick buck. They sell on ebay and buyer receives the Krusty Krate.

What's going on under the steer tube? Looks like there is an extra tube in the center going down to the fender?

Will it come with the two packs of commemorative Kleenex to make the kickstand long enough?

Latest posts

Back