The Forward look... THE END!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Forward look... Naked frame

Well you now know that your fender and chaingaurd are coveted parts 8) Good luck with your build. Sure your creation will be unique and cool.

Re: The Forward look... Update 5/16

Started to strip it down. Smoothed out some tabs from frame and fork and finally couldn't resist detailing lugs by removing excess of welding material. Nobody will see it but iI had to do it. :mrgreen:

P1120358__%281%29.JPG

P1120358__%282%29.JPG

P1120358__%283%29.JPG

Re: The Forward look... Update 5/16th

Nice frame and extras. Watching this one.

Re: The Forward look... Update 5/16th

Yeah I think I def have the least appealing frame of the build honestly, the lugs on yours are pretty sweet if you ask me. Also those are some crazy unique pieces there (bell/lock/chainguard/fender), really interested in seing what you do with them all.

Re: The Forward look... 5/23 Small progress

...nothing really interesting... But have to post pics, i spend soooo much time filing and sanding this F**king frame!!!!

Finally finished detailing lugs. Next step, primer...and find some cool wheels!!!!
Also have to straighten fork which is a little bent.

Before

IMG_1104.JPG

After

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

What an interesting bike. I like it a lot.

Man, you gotta love those lugs!!!

Man I'd say paint the lugs and clear cloat the rest, you did an awesome job taking it down to that bare metal look! Looks great, just my 2 cents, it's your build, build on! :mrgreen: is it going to be a fixie?

Nice work on the lugs :!: Should look great with paint 8)

Nice job cleaning up the frame, love that bare metal. The shapes of those lugs look really cool!

G_rod32 said:
Man I'd say paint the lugs and clear cloat the rest, you did an awesome job taking it down to that bare metal look! Looks great, just my 2 cents, it's your build, build on!
+1!

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

At first I intended to polish lugs to have them look like chrome but they are far from being flawless and the rest of the frame have some rust and dings so I have to put some paint on it. Sorry for this :D

Re: The Forward look... 6/12 small update

Not a lot of time at the moment but I do my best...

Lugs primered then painted

forward__%2824%29.JPG

forward__%2825%29.JPG

Finally found parts... So it's mock up time!!!! And have to be careful with the paint. Had to work before finding parts so that's why lugs are already painted.

I'm in love with those wheels especially with vintage tires!!!! Intended to mount a modern crank but can't line up with the rear sprocket and can't mount chainring!!!!! I think the original crank will come back.

forward__%2829%29.JPG

forward__%2831%29.JPG

forward__%2832%29.JPG

Want the tire to be as close as possible to the fork so have to bent or maybe shorten the fork. Have to build a bender too!!!

forward__%2830%29.JPG

Also have to dismantle wheels to paint them. Have to build a truing stand and have to learn how to rebuild wheels!!!! Lot of work to come, hope to finish it in time....

Lookin Good ....
Bend that front fork out and it'll make the tire closer and give the whole bike a great rake ...
Checkout KOTA's How To ... I bent one out last year and it was good ...
Digging what you've got so far ...
Keep Building ....

Lookin' good,Man 8) 8) Those are some nice wheels :!:

Nice progress.
Lookin good!

Latest posts

Back