The Fix Now with riding video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Fix

Ok everything is going to be black. Not taking any chances with too many colors. :shock: :shock:
DSCF0001-104.jpg

They are chrome. Should add a little pazazz to the build. I just checked and they got to Hutchins Tx.
They say they will be here tomorrow. This bike place is really good. $49 for the forks and $18 shipping
If it gets here in the 3 days I'm going to be really impressed. Heck if they make it by Monday I will be happy

Hey Houndog its a place called Bikebuyers.com Now I have no idea of the quality. When it gets here
tomorrow I will be able to check the quality of it and give a report. They seem like straight up people
so far, but their kinda limited on what they carry. I checked most of what they had and the prices looks good.

Ed I'm glad you like the build. Its hard to tell just how it will come out. I have made a few mistakes on color choices.
Hopefully all black will solve that. It rides good. Now just to make it look good. If not I will pull the wheels and parts
and cut it up and try again. Most everybody knows my builds hang by a thread till they are done. I will cut one
up in a heartbeat if its not what I want it to look like. This one was actually just a trial to see if I could bend
a one piece rear triangle with my JD2 bender. It really was never ment to get to a finished frame. Chuck sold
me the wide rims cheap and it snowballed from there. :shock:

I ordered mine Wednesday. They shipped that day...well gave me a tracking number and its supposed
to be here tomorrow. If its worth a darn I will defiantly give them a plug.

I may have to send that Felt seat of mine back down with my Dad this weekend for you to try out with this bike. :D

Well got the front one done. Looked online and my forks are out for delivery. Probably going to
take a little work to install. I don't have one of those big clunky things that hold the bars on a threadless
headset. Will take me a while to change it to where it will work. Ok I'm excited! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Aug 11, 2012 6:15 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
DSCF0001-105.jpg

Finally the FedEx guy got here. Waited till the last minute. The forks are nice for $49. They are
cast aluminum instead of being machined out of a block of aluminum. The one cool thing is they
put the threadless neck in and clamp it too. You can pull out a C clip and take it out if you want.
I took a regular threaded top race and ground the threads out and slipped it under the top tree
and then tightened it all up. Worked perfect. It rides good and I'm happy with the way it looks.
DSCF0004-33.jpg

Thanks . I am extremely pleased with how it has turned out. The forks made it. For the price
I will probably buy another set to keep for something else I whip up. :lol:
DSCF0002-98.jpg

Thanks Houndog. No I don't sell them...well I say no...Chuck wound up buying a couple. I use to build all the time,
but now I am working on a truck
Its too hot in my garage,and Chuck sold me those wide rims...the rest is history. I'm a fool for a set of wide rims.
I have an airconditioner in my shop.

Ok its hard to tell what a build looks like if nobody is on it. I did a quick riding video so you could tell what it
looks like moving with a rider. click on it and it should work.

It looks great riding...kind of has an Electra Ghost Rider feel to it...minus the seat tube.

From the looks of it, it appears to have a pretty comfortable riding geometry too.

Latest posts

Back