The Fix Now with riding video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Fix

This seat is 10" wide so it's got some decent surface area.

This shot with my hand in it probably gives some sense of the size...

DSC_0018-7.jpg

Stick it on a bike and ride around the neighborhood a few times and tell me if
it makes your rear numb. ha ha that is the test.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok I took some 7/8'' pipe and built a set of handle bars. They look kinda long and flaky, but they are really
comfortable. So sometimes its a toss up between really cool looking or really comfortable. I think I'm
going with comfortable. :D
DSCF0001-98.jpg
I have to say these bars really go with the bicycle, plus you made them :wink: . I really like how they run the same line as the bottom of the bicycle. It's the icing on the cake.
Maybe take these bars and since they are flat from the side profile, put a bend in them that follows the top tube. You should be able to do it in a roller. Take the radius from the grip as far as you can to the start of the other radius. It mite be easier on the wrists having a slight bend in them. Just an idea.
Blue 8)

Probably going to change the forks to a triple tree if I can find one cheap and then the bars
will probably be changed too. I thought about bending these bars but I'm still thinking what
will look the best. Not sure till I change some stuff.

Uncle Stretch said:
Probably going to change the forks to a triple tree if I can find one cheap and then the bars
will probably be changed too. I thought about bending these bars but I'm still thinking what
will look the best. Not sure till I change some stuff.
Hey Unc what is the length and dimension of your headtube? I have a triple tree set from an OCC stingray laying around here that could possibly use a new home.
And I'm not that far from you, north side of Houston in Spring off Louetta and 45

Not sure one would work. My neck , is almost 7'' and the total length needs to be 25'' with it 4'' wide.
I will have to buy one that has a lot of adjustment to work on this frame. I appreciate it.

Just ordered one on line. $68 shipped. Its a 30'' long 1'' threadless tube one that is 4'' wide. Should take care
of the problem and look good too. Can't wait. :lol:

Ok it had to be a little flashier. I got some Allis Chalmers orange. Its got a slight reddish tint to it.
Over the black base color it comes out kinda burnt orange. Looks pretty good so far.
The new forks are suppose to be here Saturday. Ordered today and delivered saturday....doubt it.
DSCF0001-102.jpg

Ok this should be a lesson in how a color can change parts. I really like the frame color , but
now the tires don't go with it. Guess I need to order some big black tires. I will wait and see
what the triple tree looks like on it and then make a decision.
DSCF0001-103.jpg

DSCF0001-98.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok this should be a lesson in how a color can change parts. I really like the frame color , but
now the tires don't go with it. Guess I need to order some big black tires. I will wait and see
what the triple tree looks like on it and then make a decision.
DSCF0001-103.jpg

DSCF0001-98.jpg
I think that orange looks great!!! I agree that the tires would look better if they were black. 8) 8)

Yeah but if I spend a couple hundred on big black tires and then it looks like a Halloween pumpkin
I could invest $1.00 in a can of black from Walmart and I already know I like it in black. Plus I have
never found a build that I could use those fat franks on. This would be the first one they look halfway
decent on.

Should have left the wheels black too. I'm not relacing wheels. I'm retired and all but there are some
things that are borderline silly. Plus it interferes with my nap. The anodized bronze looks ok if the
frame is black. Just ran to Ace and picked up two cans of gloss black. Its cooking outside in 100 degree
temp so that orange is really dry before I spray it black again. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The orange paint is way too soft to paint over. Will have to let it dry more before recoating it.
Maybe if it sits in the hot Texas sun all day it will be dry by this afternoon. Got it all apart and
hanging in the back yard. I'm getting good at taking it apart. Could probably do it with my eyes
closed. About to wear out all the nuts though. :shock:

Well just shot a coat of black so I have come full circle. In a day or so I should be able
to put it back together. They are still saying my triple tree forks will be here Saturday.
Should make a big difference in the way it looks. The forks on it now are wrong.

Nice to see you building again. Like this frame a bunch. I really like the seat my cousin suggested. :lol: The triple trees will be perfect. Have a good night Unc.

by the way, every time I watch a western I think of you. :wink:

How you been Skip. Been a while.
Glad you like the build. Got bored and there wasn't much on the Western Channel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it came out better than the first time. Guess its all the buildup from 3 coats of paint.
DSCF0002-97.jpg

$48 ouch! This was suppose to be a cheap build. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The triple tree for $68 is more than I wanted to spend. Its starting to mount up. :cry:

Latest posts

Back