the "Fat Rat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so cool, it will scare every little kid that sees it.
Definitely thinking outside the box!!!!
Love it.

Been working on the Fat Rat most of the day trying to make it presentable for the 7th annual Art of the Bike show that Garagegoon is heading up this year. Got to have it delivered to the Go Away Garage tomorrow for consideration to be in the show. Time is running out, so the fenders will have to wait for another build.
The wiring is completed, and most of the skins are on. I am using real sticky carpet tape to hold the skins to the frame.
KOTA said:
Wicked COOL!...If you don't make the cover of KICKSTAND....You just might make the cover of PETA. .
I am not trying to get on any mag covers especially PETA. Its just a simple RAT bike using stuff I had, except the new bearing sets, spokes, tires and tubes. Well I did pick the blue band 2 speed kickback back in April with the intent of using it in this build. The skins are all garage sale finds from a few years ago, they are scraps from fur coats that somebody turned into teddy bears. I KILLED NO ANIMALS to build this bike, just recycled them.
001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

OK breaks over I got to get back at it.

You are one of the most "innovative" builders here. I've watched your builds over the years and you follow no trends. As a matter of fact you are one of the "trend" setters. This bike is another PROOF of that.... Just in case people forgot your STARLINER build (2 years ago). viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16898&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=dangerous

Hahaha those Rat lights are totally over the top!

Can I pet your bike? 8)

That is great, I love them peeping out the rear. Best of luck with the buildoff, and the court case soon to follow! :shock:

Great stuff!

--Rob

You need to find a racoon coat and coonskin cap to wear when you ride thise "beasty".
Just watch out for the PETA patrol!

What type of batteries or relays are you using there??

garagegoon said:
You need to getthat thing in the show ASAP!!!!! Looks good Dan!!!!
ITS IN. I worked on it all day Saturday, and ALL Saturday NIGHT, to get it done. I finished it up Sunday mourning about 10. Then rode it over to the school a halfa block away to take some pics. Then after a shower a short nap, and a bite to eat , Crazy Mae took a pic with me and the Fat Rat. And got it over to the GoAway about 4.
Didn't get to ride it far, but know it needs some adjustment, but that will have to wait until after the show.
Heres pics.
004-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011.jpg

015-1.jpg

kingfish254 said:
You need to find a racoon coat and coonskin cap to wear when you ride thise "beasty".
Just watch out for the PETA patrol!

What type of batteries or relays are you using there??

Its over 100 degrees around here, yea I think a fur coat would be just the thing to wear when I ride this bike.
As far as PETA goes, I am just recycling these dead animals, I DID NOT KILL any animals for the purpose of building this bike.

About the lighting , I use LEDs with a 9 volt battery. The headlights are large white light LEDs that use about 3 volts each, I wire them in series and that makes them use about 9 volts . Then red LEDs in the taillights each use about 2 volts, so I wire 4 LEDs together in series and that makes a circut that uses 9 volt. I have 2 circuts for the taillights on one 9 volt battery and the headlights on another 9 volt battery. .They are both wired to the same switch, a switch that is setup to handle 2 different power sourses.
001-3-1.jpg

This is awesome and......cuddly? HAHAHAHAHAAA!

One thing, for the show, maybe flip the front wheel around so the tire treads are going in the same direction (OK, I'm a freak and notice stupid details like that :roll: )

PM sent about the lighting setup.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Awesome taxidermy there! You can't help but smile looking at this bike. I love it.

Yep its done. did a little hot glue and black paint around the rats (OK its a raccoon) face.
xmas10001-1.jpg

I was asked about the LEDs and the switch I used. Here is the radio shack packages for them.
xmas10015.jpg

The Fat Rat has been at the Art of the Bike show over at the GoAway Garage for over a week now and Ive been told people like it or find it interesting. Thats a good thing. The real conformation of like or not will be Friday night when an estimated 1500 to 2000 people will go through the show. Can't wait to see the reaction. I will be there.
The Fat Rat and the GoAway Garages shop cat. I think the fat cat likes the Fat Rat.
xmas10002-1-2.jpg

Well its been fun and will be fun, and hope I have contributed in a good way to the RRBBO6, thats why I build them, not to win a trophy. There are many many great bikes coming out of this build off, some great ideas, innovation, and fabrication, but yet all starting with mass produced production bikes, unbelieveable talent, and enthusiasm. Congrats to all who build and ride their creations. I cannot imagine what the future will bring in the next RRBBO.

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE.

DISBELIEF!! AWSOME!! GREAT IDEA. HOW MANY VOTES DO WE GET?!? PEACE

Latest posts

Back