====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== * Now With *New* Engine Sound *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~====

Critter1 said:
I'm using the same bars. Once they're cut, its a comfy riding position. Except mine will retain the pretty chrome. :)

Cool! Cut down bars are going to look super cool on your build.I love that colour you chose too! Keep up the great work

Neat techniques for getting the aged look.

I came home from work yesterday to find that the head badge had arrived! It's is just awesome! Terry has done such a great job on it and it's exactly what I wanted.

Here it is!

IMG_1209.jpg

I have plans to paint it up a little and do some light rusty paint effect on it :D

Critter1 said:
Custom badges are RAD!

Yeah, I love custom badges. Terry is the best at them. If anyone wants one made, send him a PM. His user name on here is ( Jesusjonz ). This is the second one he has made for me and again, he has done a superb job.

The crank, handle bars and stem are done.I finished them off today with some dry brushing.

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

They have all been matt lacquered and are ready for fitting!

:)

Time to slap that old rust bucket together!!! :)

kingfish254 said:
Time to slap that old rust bucket together!!! :)

Yep! It's coming to together.I still have quite a few things to do.I have been putting the crank set together today and that's now on the bike and I have lined up the back wheel, got the chain on, so I can now see what the fender looks like. I have extended the chain so it sets the wheel back more, that way the oil tank, which will be in the middle of the back wheel and seat tube, will look nice and chunky.

largek9 said:
Looks like I'm watching this backwards. Those cans suck the paint right off. :lol: The detail is fantastic ! Looks great Char ! :)Tom

:mrgreen: Thank you very much Tom!

sensor said:
another great build :mrgreen: youve definatley got the feux-tina down(sorry if i misspelled that :oops: )

Cheers Sensor. It's really fun trying to get it to look just right.

Peatbog said:
largek9 said:
Looks like I'm watching this backwards. Those cans suck the paint right off.

Ha! Yep, you could look though the thread's pictures in reverse and it would look like he is removing rust.

That's cool! Thanks very much

Thanks for all the great comments everyone! I'm having a brilliant time with this build.The bikes all you guys are building are amazing!

The rain has been bad for the last two days, so not much painting going on.I did manage to sand down the truss rods and get a coat of the textured paint on them yesterday, but today was just too wet. I'll try again tomorrow.

IMG_1237.jpg

Spent a couple of hours this evening working on the fender. The back fender that came on this bike was used on my other build The Grady Rocket, so I i'm using the front one, which i've cut down.I think it looks pretty good and I have got it to fit quite nice.Few holes which I can fill before painting.

I cut out a little section for the chain.

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Cut the fender shorter, rounded of the edges and then drilled out the holes for the longer fender arms.

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

It took a little work to get it to fit but when i get it painted up, it should look good. Looks long and low.

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

Ignore the chrome bits, they won't be staying.

Starting to come together.

Just need it to stop raining!! :roll: Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :)

Great to see a rolling chasis again!!!

Man I love when bikes look like this. I have a bike similar to this in the NBW basement. Great job!! Peace

Latest posts

Back