====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== * Now With *New* Engine Sound *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~====

Yep, very cool process. It looks like its been sitting in a field for 70 years!
IMG_1115.jpg

I love the foe rust job I really want to try it on my next build keep up the great work.....

Von Stans said:
I love the foe rust job I really want to try it on my next build keep up the great work.....

Thanks man, yeah you should give it a go.Thanks for the support!

So little update. A slight set back with the stem.Gone to put it together today, so I could check the handle bar length and it doesn't fit :lol: It's too wide for the steering tube.I Should have checked before painting, but eh, my fault, It happens.Good news though! I have got the original one which came on this frame anyway.I had used it on another bike, but can just swap them over.Not much of a change but here is it.Just need to paint it up..... again :| I like the shape of this one anyway.

IMG_1138.jpg

I'll give it a sand down tomorrow.

That stem has style 8)

Circa Cycles said:
That stem has style 8)

That's my job. Yoothgeye is a Site Moderator, but Peatbog and I are the Site Clownerators.

WP_001266.jpg

And you're doing a fantastic job :!: Keep up the good work :!:

Circa Cycles said:
That stem has style 8)

Yeah, It's a nicer stem than the one I had planned to use. It has a real nice shape to it and it's shorter too, which means the bars will sit lower down. It was ment to be :)

kingfish254 said:
Circa Cycles said:
That stem has style 8)

That's my job. Yoothgeye is a Site Moderator, but Peatbog and I are the Site Clownerators.

:D

bpellham said:
fantastic job!

Thanks 8)

Been doing some sanding on the stem tonight for painting real soon and getting the handle bars ready for cutting.

So the crank has now had the textured paint on and about three coats of matt black.It's now dry, so that's ready for rusting paint! :D

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

Sanded down the stem yesterday and put some textured paint on today.So that should be dry now too.I'll get some black on that asap.

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

The handle bars have been cut to the new length! 7 Inches off! Much nicer now 8) More like a boardtracker.They have already had a sand,
so they are ready for painting up too.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

and I cut a couple of little extension piece out of some fender struts for the bottom of the truss rods, which I just need to put a couple of extra holes in.

IMG_1154.jpg

Update time.The head badge has been made by JesusJonz and is on it's way! It looks awesome! Pictures when it arrives.

The past two days it's been raining lots, so i've been in and out trying to paint in patches of dry weather and under a big table umbrella :D

I've been painting up the the handle bars.

IMG_1179.jpg

Two coats of textured paint.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

and a couple of coats of the matt black.

IMG_1200.jpg

Dry and ready for paint rusting.
IMG_1201.jpg

The stem has had a couple of coats of matt black.

IMG_1181.jpg

Stem and crank being rust painted at the moment.Just put some stain on, so it's drying.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Latest posts

Back