~~ The Drag Master ~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
This took almost 3 months to get finished, but finally after many decisions about which way to go with the wheels and fenders and to find the right parts "The DragMaster" is complete! and oooooooo we! does it ride great! The biggest engineering dilemna was solved by using the Black powdercoated Sun DOublewide Wheels and Kenda 26 x 1.95 tires. The fenders on this bike are the original Peaked chrome fenders but this bike came with 26 x 1.75 tires making it technically a Middleweight. The clearence under the fenders is minimal to say the least. Wheels were custom built by my LBS using black spokes and red anodized nipples. Nexus Inter-Seven out back and a 22T flat black Rear Sprocket. The front sprocket is the original. Now for those that do not know you can use a coaster chain and front sprocket with a 5 or ten speed rear, but you can't do it vice versa. This allows you to use vintage front sprockets with moders drive lines! Very cool and I would have never known if not for my buddy Keith who built these wheels. Inverted Schwinn bars, NOS Red metallic Persons Seat that was acquired at the Muscle Bike Swap in Bloomfield CT and a pair of lights that are made in Japan and are generator powered. Gonna get one hooked up and fire these up! For a 50 year old bike this thing is relatively light, very fast as the gearing ranges from a crawl to overdrive and the ride position is very similar to a road bike. I believe this is a 1959 but if anyone knows better, just let me know.

Thanks and enjoy the pics!
DragMaster1.jpg

DragMaster2.jpg

DragMaster3.jpg

DragMaster4.jpg

DragMaster5.jpg

DragMaster6.jpg

Hmmmm

Jimbo,

This is not my RRBBo bike. It was something I started back in the summer and just completed as I had to wait for the wheels. i still have another to finish before I even start attacking my RRBBO bike. :D

OOPS,I didnt realize which forum I was in, lol
Either way, thats one of the nicest bikes I've seen on here .

Latest posts

Back