The Crusty Flyer.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hunter, you bagged a great build here! Everything works great together from top to bottom. I will look forward to seeing it in person this winter in Phx, AZ.:41: Let's ride!

Awesome build, love bare metal bikes :cool2:

Wow, you have a lot of interesting parts I have never seen before. The crankarm, the seatpost, the forkbraces are really wild and whats going on with that stem?. Is that a one piece stem and bar from an old english roadster?. Really cool bike all around, good job

Wow, you have a lot of interesting parts I have never seen before. The crankarm, the seatpost, the forkbraces are really wild and whats going on with that stem?. Is that a one piece stem and bar from an old english roadster?. Really cool bike all around, good job
Thanks! It is a one pice stem and bar from an old Asian bike, the same as a European one. I'm glad you noticed all the unique and custome parts.

Love it! Good pics too, but as only one picture will be used for voting, could I suggest a combination of the first two would be good, the angle to the bike is great in the first one, but if the picture was taken from a lower height like the second one would give you the best of both worlds.

index.php
index.php

Either way, great build, congrats on finishing! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Love it! Good pics too, but as only one picture will be used for voting, could I suggest a combination of the first two would be good, the angle to the bike is great in the first one, but if the picture was taken from a lower height like the second one would give you the best of both worlds.

index.php
index.php

Either way, great build, congrats on finishing! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Thank you Luke! Glad you like it. I will work on getting a new picture for you.

Im gonna take a wild guess that the bar stem combo came off a flying pigeon, and so did the long fork fraces but you added some creative bends to them. Theres a pigeon on my local craigslist right now im trying to make a trade for

Im gonna take a wild guess that the bar stem combo came off a flying pigeon, and so did the long fork fraces but you added some creative bends to them. Theres a pigeon on my local craigslist right now im trying to make a trade for
Your close concerning the bars . They came off of a Phoenix, basically the same thing also made in China. The truss rods were originally from a 60s huffy. I did bend them though.

Flying Pigions are cool bikes. If you get it are you going to keep it stock or modify it. I completely redid my Phoenix to make it look like an antique American roadster, there's a picture of it in the album on my page. That's why I had the handlebars lying around.

Great job, I dig the creativity you used when you bent the longer trusses, rather than going out and buying a bunch of stuff to cut, thread and make them look stock. That's a ratrod.:41:

Latest posts

Back