the CRUCIBLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen what this bike looked liked, in the beginning, in person. GREAT transformation! This bike is gonna be the COOLEST one here!

Markm said:
cool! was the bird in the BB? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maybe the bird mistook the bike for a tree and tried to build a nest!
seriously the Camo looks great! it will be a great honor to be beat out by this bike! keep going make sure you finish!!

we got a lot done this week, a couple more things to put on and we should be done

my dad's pride of the build
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

zanesbuild003-1.jpg

more stuff to go on the bike
zanesbuild004-1.jpg

i am going to cover the seat myself with camo material we got at a auction
zanesbuild006-1.jpg

the finished piece my dad was working on
zanesbuild002-1.jpg

zanesbuild001-1.jpg

you should look for a set of these:
camo.jpg

I cant wait to see this bike done. I also did a patriotic bike in the build off. Seems like your dad has alot of nice equipment and a nice lookin workshop for you and your brothers to work in and it is a great thing that he is letting you. Make sure you thank him because what he is showing you how to do is great knowledge for you that will be very valuble in your future. Keep up the great work well all be watching.

i recovered my seat,put the boxes on, my dad gave me one of his sirens, put my grips on, a couple more things to put on and were done

ZanesBuild001-2.jpg

ZanesBuild002-2.jpg

ZanesBuild003-2.jpg

ZanesBuild004-2.jpg

ZanesBuild005-2.jpg

I'm learning how to build GREAT bikes from a nine year old!.........O.M.G..I think the "end" is near! :lol:

sjeeeeez.... You're building a beautiful bike 8-o You tackle this job as if you were born with a wrench and a screwdriver in your hands. I remember when I was nine MY main problem was I couldn't get some of my LEGO's to fit...

Good job! But you'ld better hurry up...
(I'll bet this bike's gonna get a top 5 spot. At least...)

ok, we got everything on the bike today, i think it is finished but my dad said it is not finished until we put the lettering on it, i wanted to show you the whole bike tonight but he won't let me, he says after the lettering is on we will show the whole bike, he said i can show some details but not the bike
zanesbuild013-1.jpg

zanesbuild014-1.jpg

zanesbuild015-1.jpg

zanesbuild016-1.jpg

zanesbuild017-1.jpg

Well I was at Ricks today so he could show me how to use his sandblaster so I could blast my Lemon Peeler frame. Rick and I went for our usual tour of his bike collection, his parts area, his new two bicycle stand, his new fork straightner, his 3/4 new (old) bikes, his new (old) bike tools, his new (old) CWC/Roadmaster frame with tank and springer. We had our usual banter about old bikes, new bikes and bikes that dont even exist yet. When out of the blue Rick casually says... hey come check out Z's military build for the RRBO4. My first thought was oh its finished and how good can it be? After all it was his 9 year olds build? Casually we both strolled over to his painting area, reach the door way, peeked over to the end of the area... For those of you who have had the opportunity to see a black hawk helictopter in person and have had a sinking feeling in your stomach from the sheer excitement of having such a magnificant machine in front of you. Thats exactly the feeling I had! OVERWHELMED :eek: This bike is an absolute piece of art. The details of this bike is amazing. I dont want to give anything away before he post it as officially finished. I will tell you this... HOLY SH** To top it off, its a dedication to his son in the Marines scheduled to be deployed to Afganistan in December..Nice job Rick and Semper Fidelis

looks great :mrgreen:
only thing id change is the headlight lens...needs to be painted except for a 1" strip in the middle(dont want enemy planes spotting your lights at night :wink: )

WOW, that's really cool, can we see a better pic of the shell gas tank?? :D

thank you everybody for the votes and the nice comments, i had a blast building this and cant wait to do another one, Zane
ZanesFinishedBuildoff039.jpg

Latest posts

Back