The Competitor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well I may change the name but I needed something up there. I'm doing a board tracker starting with the bike stuff hidden in this picture.
IMG00636-20110522-2101.jpg

Plan is to modify the forks I picked out and make a lucky seven seat post and rear supports for the seat. No I haven't done any work ye but I want to try to finish it for a local show in mid July.

i see a fan shroud, some gasser fenderwell headers(SBC i think), a tank, a cool lookin' leather hairpin saddle, and an early 50s straight bar frame. i wanna say columbia, but the kickstand mount looks wrong, so im gonna say rollfast.
rock on wit yo bad self 8)

yoothgeye said:
Please use the header in the build... please!

this could be an exhausting build. :mrgreen: thank you, im here all week! :roll:

X-RAY said:
this could be an exhausting build. :mrgreen: thank you, im here all week! :roll:
dont forget to tip your waitresses. they've been workin' their butts off for you :lol:

I had thoughts of headers on a bike.....but this is a board track not a hot rod. Anyway, those are for my Olds 350 that might have a future home in my '21 Dodge 3 window. But that's a long term project and I am digressing....

The saddle is for it, and white peddles, tires, and torpedo grips. Also there is a tank for this.
The previous owner said it is a 57 Columbia, but the numbers got lost as he replaced the rear dropouts. the originals were FUBAR. I have the fenders but am not using them because the mods I will be making to the forks will not permit them.

I'm trying to figure out what shade of purple to paint it. :lol: :p

Did a little mock up and parts digging today. Looks like I need to buy a headset that fits this one unless one of the parts bikes outside is the right diameter cups.

IMG00666-20110609-1503.jpg

Well I really finished assembly at the stroke of midnight. I put pics on my Photobucket but not sure how to link them with my phone so I will take my laptop to McD's after work. If you want to be the first to see them then follow the other pics links to get to my bucket.

Got more build pics from my mad rush this last week.
A little paint
IMG_2759.jpg

A little measurement
IMG_6665.jpg

A bit of Ford Model T
IMG_7069.jpg

A little mock up
IMG_9418.jpg

Test fitting
IMG_8039.jpg

Some quick and poorly done signage
IMG_2035.jpg