The Cherry Bomber Bobber Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EvansRod ????? (frame change coming)

This could easily take "Best Fork Award", nice.

kingfish254 said:
Love the direction of this build.
Great minds think alike! My 5 speed shifter is going in about the same location on my FlexLiner 7.
Yeah , but yours looks like it fits there , mine is gonna take some work . That was the only place on 3 frames I could use it :?

Re: Hawthorne Lows (name temporary )

dogdart said:
Unofficial replacement frame :?: ( TBJ will be happy :p ) Pending the widening of the rear stays to fit the 5 speed S/A
100_0219.jpg

brilliant shifter location! I have one of those that just doesn't fit right on any of my dual top tube bikes.

That looks a lot like the shifter I had on my Sears Screamer 2 as a kid. The bars had a decent gap between them.

Top Pick for Best Fork. Love it!

Dogdart just has the right touch when it comes to ratrod bikes. This is going to be fun to watch.

Thanx everyone for the support :D Pending some sort of unforeseen disaster with my intended frame massage :wink: this is the direction I'm going . This will be more of a Hot Rod , with lot's of " shiny " . And with all the awesome forks in the RRBBO , It's high praise that so many like my little Home-brew

Good looking stuff going on here.I'll be checking regularly to watch it come together.

• Started my frame work . I needed to separate the twin tubes from the seat post , so the shifter would fit better , and to help with the widening of the rear stays .
044-1.jpg
  • I used the old " all thread spreader " to get the wide hub in there
046-1.jpg
  • All seamed well , since I forgot to bring the nuts to bolt the wheel on :? Then , when I did . I found I have some alignment issues
100_0231.jpg
  • Oh well , off to the frame machine .

Oh,Man :!: I wondered where I put my tape measure.That rolling stock looks nice 8)

Hope you can fix it!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back