The Bully, Just another Victim

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSV#6 It actually works

bighit said:
no way that paint is just right. it took 60 years to get like that. mo Rat, mo Betta.

Actually it could've been perfect for 50 some years, then the previous owner did some of your techniques right before you got it. haha

Re: SSV#6 It actually works

bighit said:
here is a little tease,
5887750156_0e9bf75f3d_b.jpg

YEAH!

Re: SSV#6 full extension

NICE!!

if you want honest opinions i will say in stock form the fork your using no matter what its on looks weird. however the way you added the paint and aged it makes it fit in just fine and looks great. i would not touch it at all

Naw man, the fork is a major part of the attitude of this bike! Plus I always thought the dial a rides were a little awkward looking.

i personally like the look with those bars and seat. it is different thats why i like it and it does not affect the flow of the look. on mine my wife hates the steering wheel but i keep telling her to squint and imagine it full flaked out and pinstriped. sometimes when doing these bikes you have to sit back and squint. i see what your going for and i like it

karfer67 said:
i personally like the look with those bars and seat. it is different thats why i like it and it does not affect the flow of the look. on mine my wife hates the steering wheel but i keep telling her to squint and imagine it full flaked out and pinstriped. sometimes when doing these bikes you have to sit back and squint. i see what your going for and i like it

With my bike I stand back and close my eyes and imagine someone else's bike. :mrgreen:

thats funny, i live beside a plumbing shop and just the other day i looked around at some of the cool stuff and thought "i can use this stuff on a bike!" i hang out there all the time, but never paid much attention to their inventory. sometimes the good stuff is right under your nose!

Repurposing, BigHit Style! These bars are going to really compliment the build. Keep it flowing.

Re: SSV#6 home made handlebars

This is starting to have a Steam Punk look to it. I love the backyard engineering that you can see on this site.

I gotta say I like those bars, I've pondered that sort of thing before....Nice job...
As to the seat to be perfectly honest.....You're Killing Me man.....I will fully admit my preference for banana seats in general, yes,....but That seat was perfect in my opinion for this bike.
Looking at some of your other bikes (WAY COOL BIKES BY THE WAY), you seem to be coordinating most of the time. That seat was such a difference on this bike Because it didn't "Coordinate", it was complete Contrast, but it Did Complement the incredible job you did with all the painting. It's old looking and asymmetrical like the rest of the bike,(see front forks, frame, now handlebars,etc).
I'm sorry I'm gong on, just my 2 cents and all that....Still looking forward to what you've got here....

The bars & seat just look so right! This build is going to be amazing.

those bars are perfect. you got a a great eye for building these suckers

Latest posts

Back