The Bully, Just another Victim

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSV#6 Problems

Double Nickle said:
legoweld.jpg

PLEZZZ DO IT

Yes, please! Depending on seat, it might stay covered up, but it would be a cool inside joke... only problem is I'm guessing you didn't play with Legos. :|

bighit said:
Oh we got tons of them in the house, mostly Star Wars though. Best thing about having one win under your belt is now you can take some chances and have fun.

You mean you didn't have fun and tak chances last time? That's just sad. :cry:

Bighit,

There ain't no way that you didn't risk out and love every minute of building SuperNaut.

BigHit,

I see your point; however, I believe you will prevail and make it all come together.

BTW: Digging your website.

BigHit,

How's it going on the build. We know you are up to something. Please update us.

Re: SSV#6 New Questions?

BigHit,

As usual you are taking great pains to make sure the build is right without sacrificing style.

Know what you mean about utility over style, when it comes to riding these babies.

Totally love the direction of the build. Glad the banana seat is back; the sissy bars are really cool.

THIS BIKE IS GONNA BE UP IN MY TOP TEN. JUST CUZ IT'S MEAN LOOKING. IT'S THE WEEKEND. TELL EVERYONE TO BEAT IT. GRAB A PBR AND..GET TA BUILDING'!! PEACE

May sound strange, but this thing begs for the toughest looking chain you can throw at it. :) I've like this build since the beginning. Can't wait to see it at the end!
5866337642_f4bbcd9962_b.jpg

bighit said:
it has always been about using cool vintage parts, then i tried to ride supernaut more than 5 min and realized i need to change my build philosophy. no more 50 lb boat anchors with my knees in my chest and hard seats for me.

I applaud you for recognizing this.

Okay, newbie here! I've been following your build and I am really inspired. Being new to the whole rat rod community I am in the learning process, so excuse my question. What kind of tires are currently mounted on your project. The fat black ones. I've been trying to zoom in on the pics to see if I can see a name, but no luck. A name and size would be a great help. Thanks and good luck on the build, I will continue to follow..

Re: SSV#6 Questions Answered

Good to hear you're working out your issues....
I almost yelled for joy when I saw the green banana seat back on the bike...you'd lost me with the other seat....
Keep going , I'm digging your build :)

Re: SSV#6 It actually works

I like what you are doing. You don't need no stinkin welding skills. Keep it up. If you do learn to weld, we will all be in trouble.

if it comes down to it you can weld with 2 car batteries wired in series with heavy gauge wire like contacted to your cars battery and a piece of arc welding rod. It does not look the best but that is what a grinder is for. after all this is a rat rod build off!

Critter1 said:
May sound strange, but this thing begs for the toughest looking chain you can throw at it. :) I've like this build since the beginning. Can't wait to see it at the end!
I have always wanted to put a chain on both sides of the bike or maybe even two chains saw chains ? :x
(Do Not Try This at Home Folks)
'After all, we are what you call Professionals" ? :wink:

Tough chain? How about timing chains from some american muscle car? Or visit your local farm supply store, tractors use all kinds of heavy duty chains and they'd have a variety of sprockets & cogs to fit.

rick

I'm not much on shipping things, but I could make an exception and send you a wire brush for your paint. :wink:

Latest posts

Back