The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Board Track Racer, Briggs powered---PAINTED!!!

WOW WOW WOW.... Ive been following this bike for a while. Here i was thinking you were going to give it the rat treatment. My mistake..... that thing looks beautiful, WOW just WOW!!!!! Cant wait to see more.....

Thanks Dowie. Your builds AMAZE me.

Yesterday I picked up a crank set of a youth mountain bike. It will serve as the pedal power ad also the starter for the engine. I hope to have it mocked up tonight so I can fire up the engine. After that finish cleaning and polishing the mechanical parts.

Hey Beau,

Good Looking bike!

I hope to get to bearded lady this year.
It's a blast!
You're bike will be a hit!

I'll have to check out your build in more detail.

Good Luck.

Hey Beau,

How is the build going?
Are you going to make it down to Bearded Lady?
I haven't got too much time on Sat but
I'm thinking about shooting over there for a bit if your going to be there.

Nice meetin g you toady MPLS Coaster. I was a bit busy trying to modify a cargo trailer for a customer so it was tough to chat. See you tomorrow.

So far I have logged about 20 miles on the bike. I had to tighten the belt and chain today. But it is running fairly well. It seem to be spitting a mist of gas out the carb while I accelerate. Kind of weird.

I have to redo the paint on the tank. Epoxy and gas don't mix. The laquer has held up well though.

I'm beat. Pics and video tomorrow hopefully.

8)

Hey Beau,

It was nice meeting you too.
No problem about having to concentrate at work.
I was just lucky enough to have the day off.

Congrats on getting it running and a shake down!

I'll see you down there around 2-4.

I can't wait to see it in person.

I forgot my camera yetserday... :(

But I know a LOT of people took pics. I will hunt some more down.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v475/ ... racker.jpg

boardtracker.jpg

beardedlady.jpg

Now it's time to finish up the engine and make things look tidy.

Im speechless..... you have done an outstanding job on that one (standing ovation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is beautiful. Now im dying to see more

And that looks like one very cool bike show. Would love to see more pics of that too if you can dig em up.

Can i make an observation/criticism on an otherwise floorless bike?..... well im going to anyway :wink:

You may already be replacing these, but an older set of pedals would be an improvement. Other then that 100 out of 10 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I was set to finish this bike for a Fall Pedals Optional Rally. But they decided to cancel the show. We had to hurry just to be ready for this show.

Most of the drivetrain was in mock up mode. I want to make everything work before I do the finishes. The engine is going to get a nice coating of gun blue. The cranks and pedals are also going to change quite a bit. The head and the flywheel go to the machine shop next week. I had issues with overheating. I planned to have a new head made for the old engine, and now that head will be made for this engine.

All in all, it handles really well and gets up to about 32-35 mph depending on the weather. It was a lot of fun.

BTW, that little scooter is a Yamaha Razz my buddy chopped up. 8)

Hey Beau,

Great to see you and the BTR at Bearded Lady.
Here are the pics I got of yours.
The rest I'll post in an "events"

The BTR stance with the fat tires front and rear look incredible!
Great combination of new and old with seat/bars/grips and really wide black rims with a front disc.

These guys looked pretty intense...

IMG_3969.jpg

Solo shot, I still have to wrap my head around your drivetrain

IMG_3970.jpg

The Man and his Bike:

IMG_3996II.jpg

See ya at the Messaround.

Thanks guys.

MPLScoaster, thanks for the shots. The drivetrain is really quite simple. The crank has two sprockets on it. One sprocket goes to the rear wheel, and the other to the jack shaft. The chain going to the jacket shaft runs to a BMX freewheel. When I pedal, the bike goes forward and the jack shaft spins (turning the engine over). Once the engine is started, the jack shaft spins with the engine. Once I rev the engine, the clutch will kick in and off I go!!!

btr2.jpg

Beau,

I am very impressed with your crank / jackshaft design. I like to say that making something simple is quite difficult indeed. Your idea of putting your clutch on the jackshaft with the BMX freewheel to the crank is ingenious. You have me completly re-thinking the approach to my next build.

Dowie

Beau said:
Thanks guys.

MPLScoaster, thanks for the shots. The drivetrain is really quite simple. The crank has two sprockets on it. One sprocket goes to the rear wheel, and the other to the jack shaft. The chain going to the jacket shaft runs to a BMX freewheel. When I pedal, the bike goes forward and the jack shaft spins (turning the engine over). Once the engine is started, the jack shaft spins with the engine. Once I rev the engine, the clutch will kick in and off I go!!!

btr2.jpg

Many thanks from you! Your projects are amazing. Sad the thread on The H.A.M.B. got shut down.

Latest posts

Back