* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Kustom seat finished!!!!)

Double Nickle said:
...so what do you guys think keep it on or take it off????
100_3292.jpg

100_3290.jpg

Given the other two design elements...I say loose the holster...

Double Nickle said:
I'm diggin' the eyeball vibe! :lol:

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Kustom seat finished!!!!)

Double Nickle said:
anyone else think the same thing... :?

i certainly do. if you're outside a bank that's being robbed, might the police think you're an armed robber and shoot you?

not here of course, the police don't have guns :D

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Updated May 29)

I think the holster goes well with the seat, the gun handle looks nice with frame color. As for the eyeballs/speedo...hmmm. I'll PM you with some thoughts.

OK guys i guess the holster will come off...i didn't know it look so bad.

Well the holster is off. I value all of yall's opinion and your right more Ed Roth not John Wayne... :roll: Also I did my first attempt at pinstripes tonight and it looks decen,t I was very pleased with how it turned out. ill get allot one tomorrow so keep posted for more pics coming yall's way... :wink:

hey bud, here's those pic's ya requested.

materials used
garden gate pull
chain
coaster hub
extension spring
gaboon ebony

so as mention above, my brake lever started life as a gate handle
IMG_4897-2.jpg

cut the one end off and carved a gaboon ebony skull for the shifter. (did you know every gaboon ebony tree on the planet, is owned and being havested for bag pipes?)
IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

the brake levers attached via the fork bolt.

IMG_0069.jpg

wrap the chain around the front of the sprocket and ad an extention spring to the end of the chain.(hooked back on the chain above the sprocket.) this spring disengages the brake. (return spring)
IMG_0071.jpg

you can ajust the brake by stretching the spring/chain enough to rotate the sprocket.
(i use my fingers/thump to clear the chain then just rotate the sprocket one tooth at a time.
hope this helps!
IMG_0100.jpg

Alright guys I have a new one for ya...SUICIDE BRAKES!!!! yesterday as I was working on the front forks I realized I needed a shifter to top off the Ed Roth Look for the bike. My only problem was that I am running a New Departure Modal A single speed coaster brake on my rear wheel. So I asked Udallcustombikes for advice and be said that I could try front coaster brakes or Suicide brakes. The reason they are called suicide brakes is because if the resemblance to old Indian motor cycle suicide shifters. So iIasked icyuod2 for some pics of his suicide shifter ( thanks man) so I could see how it would work with my forks and frame. Unlike his, mine will have to have a bracket to hold it to the forks instead of bolting it on to the frame to save the value of the Monarks. Mine will also have a long shift stick with a shift ball on it to get a good rat look. I made everything today for it and it looks great on the bike. There is just a little more adjusting to do them I will have some final pics posted :mrgreen:

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(New Idea)

pics!!! :lol:

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(New Idea)

So here was my first attempt at suicide brakes....i tried to make a bracket to control the bake by using an "L" shaped piece of steel to connect to my super long shifter...well as my luck goes first time FAIL!!!!!I'm kinda glad it did because i realized how ugly it looked after it was all done so I'm gunna make a muck smaller simple piece and forget about my feelings and just drill into the forks. :roll:
100_3300.jpg

100_3301.jpg

100_3304.jpg

100_3306.jpg

100_3309.jpg

100_3312.jpg

Also i thought i would through together a mock up as stretch requested...
stretch said:
pics!!! :lol:
(remember there is still allot to go on to the bike so don't think its done!!!) the rear wheel is sitting back so far because as soon as i get my rear dropouts made that is where it will ride.
100_3316.jpg

100_3314.jpg

100_3317.jpg

100_3318.jpg

Also just a quick preview my suicide shifter will be the tallest point of my bike gust like all of Roth's creations and drawings and it will be topped off with a little surprise...
Bqzf2ZB2kKGrHqEOKjsEuZcfpNpUBLw9M2G.jpg

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Parts Update and Mock Up!!)

i am really starting to dig this

karfer67 said:
i am really starting to dig this
just wait untill you see the shifter...it looks so BAD :mrgreen: (Good kinda Bad)

yes sir, i will need to if I'm gunna pull off the idler hub idea.

I got my rear drop outs made and bolted on and boy are they Strong. i extends the rear wheel out three inches from the frame. now to pain or not to paint :?:
100_3321.jpg

100_3322.jpg

100_3325.jpg

100_3326.jpg

Also I found a old bicycle tag that i had in a pile of parts and i repainted it to match the bike.
100_2932.jpg

100_3328-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back