* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *BIG DADDY*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Tanks painted)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Sounds good, I'm not in the build off, need to focus on employment right now :roll:
Scheming up some stuff though! :D

Talk to you soon,
Dr. T
Ok man sounds good....if you need a good starting frame or some parts you know I'm here for ya... And you woulnt have to pay shipping ether.

Re: *BIG DADDY*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Tanks painted)

got my new skip tooth sprocket....SHINNY :mrgreen:
100_3196.jpg

100_3197.jpg

beautiful Schwinn decals
100_3199.jpg

Re: *BIG DADDY*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Parts update)

nice skip tooth. should look fabulous on the build

Yea your right it should...I will have pics of the decals on the tanks soon..... :D

Thanks, I worked hard on them and I am happy with the way they turned out. So with the tanks out o the way I'm gunna start on my frame this weekend

I started sanding my frame and prep for primer tonight...I will have pics of my progress tomorrow.

Re: *BIG DADDY*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(updated pics May 15)

UPDATE
Quick build update im not using my bendix 76 hub on the bike...I sold it to a man that was rebuilding his childhood schwinn and needed it to complete his rear wheel...so im taking the money from that and buying a New Departure Model A, I have always wanted one but never found the right time to use it. so im on the hunt for it. I know they are out there i just need to find the right person who will sell me one...so that means my kustom wheel set has been put on hold for a while untill I get it. I bought my 26x1.175 front quick brick and rear 24x3 thick brick felt tires and should be at my door monday. Also my rear rim and spokes are comming in monday and as soon as I get it painded it will be ready for a hub then put on the bike. :mrgreen:

udallcustombikes said:
Two weeks in, you and I should both be done in another two.

Lol...you're not kidding, but watch out for me and the other procrastinators come last week of July..... 8)

Double Nickle said:
UPDATE
Quick build update im not using my bendix 76 hub on the bike...I sold it to a man that was rebuilding his childhood schwinn and needed it to complete his rear wheel...so im taking the money from that and buying a New Departure Model A, I have always wanted one but never found the right time to use it. so im on the hunt for it. I know they are out there i just need to find the right person who will sell me one...so that means my kustom wheel set has been put on hold for a while untill I get it. I bought my 26x1.175 front quick brick and rear 24x3 thick brick felt tires and should be at my door monday. Also my rear rim and spokes are comming in monday and as soon as I get it painded it will be ready for a hub then put on the bike. :mrgreen:

man.... great minds think alike?? same tire combo I'm running. good thing I have a kind of gasser/grudge match drag thing going on over here..... I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm all for an Ed Roth contest within a buildoff contest here... :wink:

yea ive never ran a tire combo like this before but it seems to work good and look even better.

Double Nickle said:
yea ive never ran a tire combo like this before but it seems to work good and look even better.

Yeah, it sure does. Looks like you and I are both on the parts waiting list... anticipa-

hahahah this is true :lol: :lol: :lol: it sure is a long list :roll:

Re: *BIG DADDY BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(minor name change)

Just a minor name change...I desided to through the BANDIT into the name since I am after the beatnik bandit look.

sounds pretty good to me! the name can truely make or break a car/bike.

So as soon as a got home from church today I started painting to beat the rain tonight...you know your from Georgia when your paint booth consists of two latters and a wooden stick...she got painted cream just like her tanks!!!
100_3175.jpg

100_3218.jpg

100_3219.jpg

100_3220.jpg

love that good old KRYLON

Latest posts

Back