* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Updated June 4)

Double Nickle said:
well y'all are right i do need to build it my way and so far i have but i do like to work a few expert opinions in sometimes because sometimes they are better than mine.

nothing wrong with askin for opinions, advise or even help. i do it all the time. :)

i was refering more to your comment of trying anything suggested to stay on peoples minds.

coming up with something new and innovative will go a lot further than appeasing the masses sugestions.
just food for thought. :)

keep up the good work. looks great!

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Updated June 4)

:p Suicide Brakes are Done :p
So my second attempt at suicide brake was a success they work great and look good too. My main goal was to simplify my last attempt. I made two washers and ran a bolt threw them into the forks to pivot on.Also I put a little grease in between them for lubrication. Then I welded my on washer to the forks and the other to the shifter to prevent wobbling of my long shifter rod. Last I threaded the end of my rod so I can screw my Ed Roth shifter ball on it after I paint it.
100_3350.jpg

100_3351.jpg

100_3352.jpg

100_3353.jpg

spoon coaster brake clamp
100_3354.jpg

Roth shifter ball before paint
100_3356.jpg

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Suicide Brakes DONE!!!)

oh man that turned out wicked, and i bet your enjoying them. (too much fun to use)

i was a little worried at first, but with such a short shifter it gave me a lot of control.

how does the longer shifter arm work? (with more leverage) are you at risk of going over the bars if you really pull hard? enough stopping power? love to hear your thoughts.

i've only ever made the one, and haven't done any experimenting since. i'd really love to hear all about what you've learned building /using your brake.

also if you rotate the sprocket one tooth in the chain (right left etc) theres a degree of ajustment.

love it! very creative and nicely done. :D

icyuod2 said:
oh man that turned out wicked, and i bet your enjoying them. (too much fun to use)

i was a little worried at first, but with such a short shifter it gave me a lot of control.

how does the longer shifter arm work? (with more leverage) are you at risk of going over the bars if you really pull hard? enough stopping power? love to hear your thoughts.

i've only ever made the one, and haven't done any experimenting since. i'd really love to hear all about what you've learned building /using your brake.

also if you rotate the sprocket one tooth in the chain (right left etc) theres a degree of ajustment.

I adjusted the chain and sprocket so that my shifter pulled all the way back it will just come to a slow stop every time. I'm loving using it, I took it for a coast today. Also I finished painting my shifter ball. Big Ed's head turned out good. I think it will top off the bike, literally its the highest point on the bike just like all the drawing and cars he build.
100_3355.jpg

100_3359.jpg

100_3358.jpg

100_3357.jpg

awesome. :D

Thanks guys I really appreciate the good feedback. I have lots more in store keep posted!!!

That's pretty cool! Is that plaster?

Just a few build update pics!!! I added some fenders. They were really really rusty so I took a wire brush to them and got them to the bare metal just like the rest of the parts on my bike. after the i clear coated them and put them on. I think they add a nice touch to the bike. Also my New Departure hub is on the way from Karfer67s. He cleaned it up for me because he had some replacement parts I needed and he had experience with them. It will get relaced into my back wheel next week. keep posted.
100_2968-1.jpg

100_3364.jpg

100_3365.jpg

100_3366.jpg

100_3368.jpg

I like how the laid back seatpost and the fender go together. Nice!

You're really getting a nice mix of 'fresh' and rusty, it's looking good. Digging the Mooneyes sticker on the extended dropouts, nice, verrrry nice.

Double Nickle said:
Also my New Departure hub is on the way from Karfer67s. He cleaned it up for me because he had some replacement parts I needed and he had experience with them. It will get relaced into my back wheel next week. keep posted.
D. Nickle you have to let my know how you like the New Departure hud.. I'm planning on running one on my current build which is still in the gathering of parts stage haha

You know the ND I'm running is a model A right? Is that what you have?

Latest posts

Back