* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Updated June 2)

udallcustombikes said:
Just a suggestion- you might want to add a second bolt on each side to prevent your extention from pivoting on the bolts. That plate looks better than the last time I saw it.

i agree, or just put a screw through the bracket into the fender brace holes on the original drop outs.

yea :oops: I forgot to mention that I was going to put a screw on the fender hole. Your right it would pivot

I would put a second one in the dropouts. You could use a heavier bolt, I don't think one that is small enough to fit in the fender hole would be strong enough to handle the stress.

udallcustombikes said:
I would put a second one in the dropouts. You could use a heavier bolt, I don't think one that is small enough to fit in the fender hole would be strong enough to handle the stress.
deorman said:
Having played with something similar in the past, I'd say 2 in the dropouts AND 1 in the fender mount would not be overkill.
'Ya got a lot ridin' on it!! :wink: And paint 'em for sure!

This is getting better and better.. I like it a lot. Hey if the chain part of the front brake gives you too much trouble you could cut off the teeth on the sprocket then trim a spare brake arm and weld it on might make adj easier

I finaly got my mile of skip tooth chain needed to run my idler hub. Both chains are 56inces. This means i will be rolling as soon as i get my New Departure hub fixed... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_3329.jpg

Double Nickle said:
I finaly got my mile of skip tooth chain needed to run my idler hub. Both chains are 56inces. This means i will be rolling as soon as i get my New Departure hub fixed... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
100_3329.jpg

Oooo... that's a lotta skiptooth.

udallcustombikes said:
Double Nickle said:

It might just be me, but the chain on the left seem to have been patched with a newer chain.

FIFY :wink:

Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(Updated June 4)

Double you need to throw some plaster and glass at that baby...lol...hey what about that wicked steering wheel...ahhh arm...ahhh...guidie thing....you going to try anything or going to stay with normal bars??
Terry

jezusjonz said:
Double you need to throw some plaster and glass at that baby...lol...hey what about that wicked steering wheel...ahhh arm...ahhh...guidie thing....you going to try anything or going to stay with normal bars??
Terry
I will try anything or do anything to stay on people's minds. whatever will look good will find its way on the bike somehow...
also i think those plates would look good sanded to the bare metal and clear coated so i can kind have the same scheme in the back as in the front....what do yall think. :?:

hey bud. what do you think? :lol:

i've always built all my rides for myself. just lucky enough that others like them to.
to me rat rodding is all about doing things i love to do. does it matter what everybody else thinks?
no way man, as long as you have fun doing it.

i can guarentee, if you have fun building it, somebody else will enjoy the bike also.
find that vision and stick to your guns! :) you've done alright this far.

I agree with others that you must build for yourself....but I found that sometimes I get brain overload and hit a brick wall and come to a complete stop. Sometimes a friendly thought helps a person get back on track. Being an old Roth fan from my younger years I love anyones attempts to honor him. I've learned a lot from Big Daddy throwing clay or plaster to make a mold and glassing it. The guy was out there and I've been out there for a long time too..
Keep up the good work Double...
Terry

well y'all are right i do need to build it my way and so far i have but i do like to work a few expert opinions in sometimes because sometimes they are better than mine.

Latest posts

Back