The B-2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bike back from the p-coater. looks nice.

Could'n't quite reach the shifter as far back as it was, plus i had a differnet idea of what I thought the shifter should look like. I found a websirte that twists aluminum bar stock, so i had a 30" length of 9/16" twisted as tight as possible so as to give it as much girth as possible. Took a section of it and cold bent it in my bench vise til it looked 'right' and went along the lines of the bike. I cut the bottom part of eric's shifter off and used it as a the base for the twisted part, and then had it welded on. I think it flows pretty nice and the 8 ball lands perfectly in your hand. had it p-caoted in silver metallic.

The p-coat came out real nice too. Bars are enroute now.

Should be all buttoned up by week's end.

Spin

100_0436.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0437-1.jpg

Spin, I've meaning to comment on this bike since the start but I always seem to get sidetracked.
You and HorseyMan came up with a great looking bike! I really miss the old days when Eric pumped out some of the coolest bike the world had ever seen. You're doing the bike proud with your ideas. I'm not usually a fan of green but you've made a wise decision of color choice. Tell Eric I said Hi next time you speak with him. Now finish that baby off and give us lots of riding pics! :D
Chainy

Sorry for the crappy pics but the weather here is killing my outdoor shots. :cry:

I had the bars bent inward because they were just too wide for me. I had BR Bars bend them from 34" to 28" which increased the pull back ad makes the bike pass thru my inner doorways easier.

I cut another 3/4" off the steer tube to slam the stem onto the top crown both for aesthetics and comfort.

i cord-wrapped the grip area ala Higgy style with 1/4" leather bolo cord.

Special thanks to 'Big C' for making several house calls to fine tune the rear disc brake and cable length. :D

Spin

100_0447.jpg

100_0449-1.jpg

100_0452.jpg

needs a pinstriped tank plate :mrgreen:

beautiful bike i bet that is smooth to ride

I drilled a hole underneath the grip area closest to the thick part of the bars, then another hole closest to the end of the grip area. I threaded the cord thru the hole near the thick part and out the end of the bars, and left like 6" to play with. I then clamped the 6" part so it wouldn't move. I then began to tightly wrap the cord around the grip area beginning at the hole near the thick part. Once i reached near the end of the bars, i threaded it thru the other hole, then took both cords and tied one knot and then another one, then cut the 2 ends.

100_0437-2.jpg

100_0436-1.jpg

100_0435.jpg

100_0434.jpg

Yo spinman, goodlooking bikes allways make me happy. :D To my opinion,it's 99% perfect (the 1% is a matter of personal dislike). Another good thing is, that you're inspired by Kenny P., just like myself. I also like his style. So, have fun and ride safe. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Greetz from Holland (Europe), Wimpy.

spinman said:
anything for you , Mr. Sneakers. :mrgreen:
smitty?!?!? sorry our painter helper always says the same thing(well just the anything for you part) when i ask him to help me hang a hood/door/bumper :lol:
hey.....ive keep my shoes out of almost all my recent pics!

Latest posts

Back