*** The Arrogant .......*** Theme Change Page 6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *** The Shelby*** Finally scored my Fork!

Jake Sensi said:
Ooo baby that's sweet! As Mils Lane use to say "Let's get it on"!! Peace

Mills was a Savannah boy too.

Love those forks and nanner!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

Thanks man, your bike has fast become one of my favorite bikes on here.

dogdart said:
I recently added an AirFlo springer to my Shelby , and it quickly became one of my favorite riders , A very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing front end .

I had been looking for one of these at a reasonable price for some time now. I just think they look good, I hope mine rides as good as you say yours does.

Jake Sensi said:
Haha. took me a second to catch that!

chepe13 said:
kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

Thanks man, your bike has fast become one of my favorite bikes on here.

Whoa, really? That's cool man! Thanks!!

S L O W L Y Making progress. I didn't like the Mexican blanket I had, and I can't find any that I really like. So, I busted out some old Dupli-Color vinyl paint and put a few coats on my nanner seat. Also, got my fork mounted just for the sake of seeing it on the bike, I love this fork!
I'll start the work on it tomorrow...
imagejpeg_2_8.jpg

IMAG1579.jpg

Thats looking real nice already. I like the way it looks now with the silver frame/white tire combo! And that springer fork is cool.

Love that fork!!!! Red really pops with chrome, so good job on the nanner.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

:lol:
School has slowed my progress down a LOT!
I submitted all my papers and finally had time to work on my bikes. The chrome was all but gone,so I had to work a little hard to get the remaining plating off so that I could prime and paint some of the parts. I decided to paint all the parts that WERE chrome, black. What is left now for the fork to be done are the truss rods, I plan on getting them painted tonight after class.
Forks before masking and primer.
IMAG1608.jpg

The bits.
IMAG1603.jpg

IMAG1607.jpg

I'm still working on my wheels but, they should be done by the time my my tires arrive in the mail.

I can't wait to see that springer go back together after paint. It's a shame they don't make cool front ends like that anymore.

I got some painting done after class, the sealer primer had dried for about 4 hours while I was gone.
I painted the bits black using Rust-Oleum Satin Black, and the springs, well I painted them with some chrome spraypaint that I had lying around. I f I do not like the final finish well than I will just shoot them with some black.
I painted the main part of the fork using Rust-Oleum Engine paint, metallic aluminum, I'll be shooting some clear coat tomorrow and then, I will be masking a design on the fork blades that I have in mind.
IMAG1617.jpg

IMAG1613.jpg

IMAG1610.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I can't wait to see that springer go back together after paint. It's a shame they don't make cool front ends like that anymore.

Me too!
Haha, is it kind of bad I like the springer itself, more than the bike?? :lol:

So I was going to mount some Jerald Sulky Slicks on this build, but after seeing that a set would cost me just about 100$, I decided to go ahead and pass on them.

I searched around and the best slicks that I could find were some Hanks. I called around and nobody had them for as cheap as I could get them online. THEN! I called some Trek Superstore and found out that I could get them for 19$ per tire, I ordered them to the store, and I will be picking them up Wednsday.

I also forgot to update the theme of this build, I really wanted to go with bare metal but, my nephew changed my mind. I just built him a muscle bike, that he wanted painted after my truck because he really likes it. It will still be similar to the Truck I posted on the front page in that I WILL be using red in the color scheme. The difference is, that I will be building this bike around MY truck now. I liked the Hanks because they have white letter and the red that I am planning on using.
Here are some quick pics of my truck that my nephew likes so much
P1060270.jpg

P1070204.jpg

and my nephews bike! He want's a matching pair! haha, Mine will have more detail of course.
IMAG1565.jpg

And... Teh Hanks!
2011-02-08T23:58:51-2.jpg

Cool theme!!! Love that your nephew is getting involved too.

Hanks for $19 are great. They were $30 each at my Trek LBS, but then I had a half off Groupon so I got my pair for $30. You'll love the tires.

I am probably getting a little ahead of myself but, since I already pretty much know what paint scheme and patterns I am going with, I am starting to look for little accessories to compliment my bike.

Starting upfront, even though this fork is already pretty flashy IMO, I have decided to add some sort of figurine onto the tab that is supposed to hold a light. I found 4 on the Bay that I really liked, here are the ones thatI am choosing between at the moment. They are the perfect size, I will have to make a small tab because these wont fit between the fork blades so which ever one I choose will be sitting just infront of the fork, but still be kept within the area of the truss rods.

KGrHqRqwEnTwyO3OBP83BEq5w60_57.jpg

KGrHqNh8E-tBqZ0uTBP82-ZdQ60_57.jpg

11_1.jpg

3d_1_b.jpg

As far as the rear, well I have some pretty cool lights hanging around somewhere, I'll have to dig those up.

Awe man, the Elvis one for sure with the red suit. Perfect!!!
TYTYVM!

If you go down the Elvis route, here is a cool light idea from Sinderella that appears to be a dead that just begs to be made.

1338774399.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Awe man, the Elvis one for sure with the red suit. Perfect!!!
TYTYVM!
I am not even an elvis fan but that one just jumped out at me, it's way too cool.

kingfish254 said:
If you go down the Elvis route, here is a cool light idea from Sinderella that appears to be a dead that just begs to be made.

1338774399.jpg

:shock:
Haha, that is awesome!

Latest posts

Back