*** The Arrogant .......*** Theme Change Page 6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *** The Naked Worksman***

Yeah, that rim looks Great..... This build is coming along really good....
I can't wait to see that banana seat done up... Keep Going

yoothgeye said:
That wheel looks TIGHT! Keep it!
Thanks man, can't wait to see your build, saw you picked up some painting supplies!

whoinphx said:
Yeah, that rim looks Great..... This build is coming along really good....
I can't wait to see that banana seat done up... Keep Going
Thanks man, I can't track down a free board from any of my buddies to use as a seat pan. I might just go buy one of those generic ones.

Found something to incorporate into my build! I am planning on running fenders on this bike but I was a bit worried about them looking to blah, on there. So in order to brake up the monotone chrome on metal, I will be using some Loteria cards on the fenders. I'll paste them on and use some of that resign stuff to clear over them.
loteria.jpg

That will be a nice touch!

flaked red wheel running whitewalls....hmmm already im liking this!
too new,too low,too custom(yeah thats a lbcc reference :wink: )

updates?

It's been a while since I updated my build, I have had one major change in this time. I decided to change my frame.

While mocking everything up, I couldn't agree with the overall lines that the bike was giving me, I decided that the worksman frame wasn't the right frame for this build, it has to many straight lines IMO.

So, I bought a new frame off the bay, I sold some parts and had a few bucks to play around with, I found an old Shelby frame that I REALLY liked. Anyways, since getting the frame, I have managed to smooth out the frame and polish it. I plan on polishing and repainting the badge today.
Anyways, here are some pics.
IMAG1516.jpg

IMAG1520.jpg

IMAG1521.jpg

I know Shelby was bought by AMF, but its odd to me that the badge still says Shelby Cycle company, yest the Ser No. appears to be CWC from 54?
IMAG1533.jpg

IMAG1534.jpg

IMAG1527.jpg

IMAG1529.jpg

Here is a crapy pic of the top tube after I polished it.
292137_10150952128387048_1302714140_n.jpg

Re: *** The Shelby*** FRAME CHANGE

Oneuglybike said:
Love this headbadge!!! Looks like a great frame!

Thanks man, I really dig the badge too.

char said:
Cool frame! Polished up nice. Keep up the great work. :)
Thanks man, I have a few other projects going but this has my full attention now.

Great frame!
Looking forward to what's next!

For the sake of not starting a new thread, can anyone shed some light on this frame? Well, manufacturer wise? I looked up some dates and I am a bit confused.

From what I took from the data, Shelby was bought by AMF in 1953, But when did they buy CWC?

Haha, from what I can tell, I have an AMF bicycle, that was produced by CWC, and badged as a Shelby, is that right??

chepe13 said:
For the sake of not starting a new thread, can anyone shed some light on this frame? Well, manufacturer wise? I looked up some dates and I am a bit confused.

From what I took from the data, Shelby was bought by AMF in 1953, But when did they buy CWC?

Haha, from what I can tell, I have an AMF bicycle, that was produced by CWC, and badged as a Shelby, is that right??
......Calling "RMS37",,,,

That's a sweet frame :!: Looking forward to seeing more :D

chepe13 said:

AMF bought Cleveland Welding in 1951. Gambles bought Shelby in 1953 and quickly resold it to AMF at the end of 1953, early 1954. They used up whatever leftover parts from Shelby on their bikes. AMF moved to Little Rock Arkansas in 1956.

I've never seen a frame like yours dated 1954, so it must be one of the first ones.

Quick mock up,
Im picking up some tires tomorrow, and then lacing up/truing my wheels. I have some changes in mind, I'll see how I feel tomorrow at the bike shop. Also, I finally scored a shelby springer! Im going to start stripping it down tomorrow.
I love this frame, glad I switched it out.
IMAG1485-1.jpg

IMG_20120622_102911.jpg

Re: *** The Shelby*** Finally scored my Fork!

Ooo baby that's sweet! As Mils Lane use to say "Let's get it on"!! Peace

Latest posts

Back