The Amphibian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you use for rim strips on the proclass rims? Og ones are hard to coome by. I've read a lot of suggestions on using ribbon and such. Curious which route you went. I have a orphan hoop, and when I find a match I aim to put em to use!

What did you use for rim strips on the proclass rims? Og ones are hard to coome by. I've read a lot of suggestions on using ribbon and such. Curious which route you went. I have a orphan hoop, and when I find a match I aim to put em to use!

Fortunately the rims were NOS, so they have the original strips. I have some blue metallic tape I was planning on using. It looks really good. Not hard to do.

81F62BEA-EAAD-442B-B960-8DD405FF832F.jpeg
Front brake installed.

I have a very similar front brake (Seitenzugbremse - side cable brake, roughly translated to english) and it came with a rear one and levers. If You want to search for the rear one they are from Weinmann, vintage.
View attachment 89982
Thanks. I have a rear Dia Compe Caliper brake. Just wanted to use the ACS / MAFAC combo on the rear. PD @ Skullskates.com sets most of his 26" BMX Cruisers that way.

Latest posts

Back