the 63 Ratillac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
kind of put my build off bike on hold a couple weeks and started to revive my 63 Caddy. Many days of extreme heat didnt keep me down! I got the big girl up and running now. Just a little brake work and she will be cruisin!

IMG-20120625-00919.jpg

IMG-20120627-00942.jpg

was it sitting at the bottom of a lake? or did it get flooded a couple years ago when iowa city and cedar rapids had all the horrible flooding in down town? anyway looks pretty decent cleaned up. let us know how it goes. and yeah the heat has been miserable the last week.

No flood of 08 for this girl! Wish I could say the same for my 6 month old house at the time. The caddy has been in the family since 63 and I have pulled it from the depths of moms barn. Got her running now and will do brakes in the morning. Hope to have it in my shop at home by the weekend. Gotta love a car that my kids say that they would not be caught dead in. A) leaves more time for me to cruise with momma and B) they will never ask to borrow it!!!!

slowriderz said:
My plan exactly brother! Imagine how many bikes could fit in that trunk!!!
And still close the lid!

A buddy and I built out a 63 caddy years ago ; primrose pink metallic with ghost flames and a pearl white hardtop. We handstiched the interior in burgundy velvet and put in a big sound system. We did the trunk to match the interior, including carpet covers on the spare tire and bass cannon. He still has it.

I've had half a dozen old Cadillacs over the years. Great cars, but thirsty. :lol: I had a nearly identical looking '64 Fleetwood at one time, talk about a tank. Some guy tore the side of his Montego open like a sardine can driving past it a little too close while it was parked, and it did nothing to the Cad but leave a little paint on the body-to-bumper trim. :!:

Cool looking project! Any ideas for paint, suspension...etc?

Rey's pinche iPhone using Tapadatass

this is kind of set aside for now as I am working towards auctioning off moms farm and getting her settled into her new house but I will just drive it as is for now and this winter kicked around the idea of bagging it but i guess we will just see how it goes. Knowing me, I will just cut a coil off the springs and call it complete. As for paint, little bit of trunk pinstripe work and that will be all (for now)

Kids today have no concept of style. Paint that beast black, drop it a few inches, add some pinstripe, and you got an awesome ride. Did you happen to see that caddy on Counting Cars? Sickest caddy I have seen in years!

I didnt see it but I am sure that the episode will re-air 400 times in the next 2 days :lol: I have about 10 pictures of different same year caddys hanging in my shop for inspiration. it is surely going to be a fun ride.

slowriderz said:
this is kind of set aside for now as I am working towards auctioning off moms farm and getting her settled into her new house but I will just drive it as is for now and this winter kicked around the idea of bagging it but i guess we will just see how it goes. Knowing me, I will just cut a coil off the springs and call it complete. As for paint, little bit of trunk pinstripe work and that will be all (for now)

Sounds like a great plan to me!

Rey's pinche iPhone using Tapadatass

kngtmat said:
8) Nice, back when they were great cars.

good point! Cars back then had style and each one had its unique touch.

Rey's pinche iPhone

Those huge old Cads are also great for sneaking a bunch of people into the Drive-In! You could put 4 people in the trunk! :lol:

Love them old Caddys.... 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back