RRBBO13 The “Old Money” boy Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today, I repainted, well gave it a 2nd coat and a coat of high gloss clear, and I’m much happier with this orange than the peach that I had yesterday, and I painted it myself, and I’m ok with the blemishes that my “painter” pointed out. It’s like scars and tattoos tell a story on a body, defects and such on a bike, tell a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason all of your pics are just thumbnails. Have you tried using the Full Image option when posting pics?

Anything new since the paint?

So, I’ve been busy and haven’t done much until today. I kept looking at the orange paint and it wasn’t special, too much like a standard Orange Newsboys, so it was back to the booth.

I picked Illusion Money, it’s a dark green, but the first cost is a little light, the same with the Illusion Tangerine,but I’m liking this green, so I think I’m going to keep....at least for today lol.

Ive painted the front fork, fender and chain guard to match.

Interesting color. If you direct load from your phone gallery, instead of using Tapatalk, we could actually see it! :D

Just kidding, kind of. Just click on the 'Upload an Image' select your photo, then use the Full Image when you add it to your post.

Is that just the first coat of paint? And, do you expect it to 'deepen / darken' with a second coat? I kind of like the sheer look of it right now.

IMG_3807.jpg

It should darken with a second coat. I had similar results with the orange.

The second coat is coming out of the oven right now, and it doesn’t look much darker, but I do like it.

fbf3d22b25be96a887cc4380b38e798d.jpg

I like how it turned out lighter than the sample

It's funny, @rickpaulos has both shades of green on his Green Irish build. :D

Decals look sweet on there.
Great color

Latest posts

Back