THAT'S A WRAP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished bike sections have officially been locked.

Congratulations to everyone who finished their bikes on time.

This year's field is pretty amazing! :41:

Thanks for hosting us and letting us play on your lawn :rofl:

Way to go everyone!!!
Looks like we had 86 out of 135 builds Finishing!!! 64% Completion ratio is VERY good. Usually it's around 50-55 %
CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!!

Now that I'm done working on my bike, I can finally relax and check out everyone else's threads! When can we expect the threads to be unlocked so we can all comment on everyone's threads again?

Last year is was late afternoon the following day before I finished the work on the voting pages. The Finished threads need to be stay locked until that work is done.

Okay, thanks. How does the voting work, by the way?
I think its it very hard, because there are so many nice builds. I just look at alle the pictures, read some story's and watch the ride videos, then I slam the keyboard to hopefully have a vote :headbang:

Sorry, just joking with you :thumbsup: I really don't know.

@Rat Rod , yes, thanks again for your creation and perpetual handling of this cool vintage custom rat rod bike forum! It truly was the "Year of the Rat" ! Great to see so many new builders, and the level of the build quality overall was top notch. Thanks everybody for a great way to spend 4 months of positive distraction from the 'real world' ! :grin:

Thanks @Rat Rod for hosting and everyone who played along. I look forward to this every year, but as others said, this year was especially nice to have an uplifiting place on the ‘net to turn to. Enjoy all the great new rides! :thumbsup::rockout:

Thanks RatRod for again hosting the most awesome vintage bike site on the web. As once the #2 highest commenter on the forum I have fallen off a bit due to other priorities but now settling down and have more time to mess around so I'm looking forward to many more builds. Keep up the good work.

Okay, thanks. How does the voting work, by the way?
You'll see when the Voting Thread is up it's pretty easy. You can't see the totals till after you vote and you can't change your votes after you submit it. So it's pretty bulletproof. You also can't use TAPATALK it doesn't view it right. But you can log in with Chrome or whatever browser you use from your phone. IMHO the BEST way is at a computer terminal. Because you have a decent size screen to actually see what folks are building, rather than baseball card sized pictures, lol.

Guitarl.

You'll see when the Voting Thread is up it's pretty easy. You can't see the totals till after you vote and you can't change your votes after you submit it. So it's pretty bulletproof. You also can't use TAPATALK it doesn't view it right. But you can log in with Chrome or whatever browser you use from your phone. IMHO the BEST way is at a computer terminal. Because you have a decent size screen to actually see what folks are building, rather than baseball card sized pictures, lol.

Guitarl.
Nicely put, I will add that you can vote for as many bikes that you want...no limit. I've seen a couple instances where this was overlooked by first time voters, and as Carl mentioned...once you submit your vote, there's no redo.

As the builds piled up I gradually lost the oversight. Working on the build off bike and two more (the fully and the daily bikes), plus looking at the photos and creating the text while posting in my own thread have eaten my time away to a point where I could no longer follow the builds. I was able to check my notifications, add my stuff and look at 10 or 20 builds. We had over 125 in this build-off! I finished for now all three bikes and I will be discovering new builds and new builders for months! I can't wait for the voting page to be up in order to see each one of the finished bikes in its glory!

I think its it very hard, because there are so many nice builds. I just look at alle the pictures, read some story's and watch the ride videos, then I slam the keyboard to hopefully have a vote :headbang:

Sorry, just joking with you :thumbsup: I really don't know.
There will be a voting booth section set up in the next day or so and then you can go there to vote on your favorite bikes.

Guitarl.
Nicely put, I will add that you can vote for as many bikes that you want...no limit. I've seen a couple instances where this was overlooked by first time voters, and as Carl mentioned...once you submit your vote, there's no redo.
Awesome! Thanks guys!

Like a lot of other folks have said here, thanks RatRod for setting up this wonderful Build Off event! Because of this event, I actually managed to take one of the bikes that I wasn't even planning on keeping, and bring it back from the dead! Heck, this was even one of the last bikes I bought, and yet the first of my bike projects to actually get done!

Latest posts

Back