Terry66's Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thought I would put together a single gallery of some of my bikes.

Grumpy - RRBBO7 2nd place.
hhhiggins_4.jpg

1952 Firestone Super Cruiser
scruiser12.jpg

1973 Raleigh Super Course
raleigh1.jpg

1950 CWC Western Flyer
cwc_wf5.jpg

1964 Firestone 500
firestone2.jpg

1928 Elgin Street Racer
sr3.jpg

'68 and '70 Schwinn Lil Tiger
tigerstwo.jpg

1966 Schwinn Typhoon - missing pedals and chain. Also the front tire is on backwards, but it is the one decent pic I have of it. :lol:
66typhoon10.jpg

Current "Projects"

Western Flyer balloon tire Newsboy Special
newsie1.jpg

1966 Firestone GTO
gto2.jpg

and a few that I used to own...

1941 Elgin Firestone Pilot
pilot7.jpg

Wartime Elgin
elgin1.jpg

'63 Schwinn American
amer1.jpg

1947 Schwinn DX
dx1.jpg

'68 Stingray
stingray.jpg

Rugby rat bike
rugbyrat2.jpg

CWC Military Theme Bike
rb19.jpg

50s Western Flyer rat bike
wfhr24.jpg

1941 Huffman Airflyte Restoration Project
huffman1.jpg

1958 Huffy El Dorado
58_huffy.jpg

1940 girl's Huffman Airflyte
40huffman.jpg

Last edited:
bike2112 said:
Terry has the best bikes. No wonder, he is a great dude! Nice work Terry.

Thanks man....My problem is that I keep adding bikes, but never really get rid of any. I've sold a few and talk about selling more, but I hate to ship bikes and the local market just isn't that great. I would love to cut my collection in half. Maybe this spring at the May Dayton event, I'll move a few.

I am not starting any new builds until RRBBO8. I plan to restore that Huffman between now and then.

Nice collection and new addition!!

Honestly, I don’t ride the vintage bikes near as much as I would like. I am into cycling, so I ride my road bike, touring bike or mountain bike probably 6 days a week. Usually I do 20-30 miles after work and then longer rides on the weekends. That doesn’t leave much time for riding the vintage cruisers. I still get them out a few times a month for local vintage rides or just playing around. Too many bikes and not enough time!

I would say the DX gets the most miles followed by Grumpy or the Firestone…although that will change as soon as it warms up. I built the ’28 Elgin with single speed 700c wheels, so I plan to ride it hard a day or two a week. I’m planning to ride a local time trial on it to see what kind of time I can turn on an 85yo bike.

Terry66 said:
Thought I would put together a single gallery of some of my bikes.

1928 Elgin Street Racer
sr3.jpg

Such a nice collection of bikes! I have a question about that elgin street racer, as I am considering building something very similar. How does it ride in that configuration? What do you figure the standover is on it? I'm 6' 3, so I dont really know if it's doable, but I love the look of the older elgin/meade/schwinn camelback motobikes. Thanks.

Just found this thread again while googling.
Chocked full of cool hotness!
I keep hoping you will jump into the build off at the last minute.

Latest posts

Back