Terrible scenes at Bike Cruise in Porto Alegre Brazil.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone catch this story over the weekend? Critical Mass cruise in Porto Alegre I think?
Someone drove there car full speed through 300 cyclists! Thankfully/miraculously no one was killed or very seriously injured! Awful news item....
I know we have members from that part of the world on the Forum, hope none where involved/hurt, best wishes to all.

A couple of things I note from watching this...
1) this is why a Critical Mass is not necessarily a bad thing...proves the point of what cyclist are protesting, that drivers don't pay attention the riders on the road, or often have road rage b/c there are cyclist on the road.
2) I did not see a single helmet. Cruising pathways or beaches or whatever on non-crowded streets, I don't usually wear a helmet. But for things like that, large groups on busy roadways...I ALWAYS wear my helmet! Same goes for when I'm off-roading on my Mtn. bike. I've suffered to many endoes when off-road and to many close call whilst in traffic.
Be safe out there folks! :wink:

This is just ridiculous. I cant believe people don't have a heart and do things like this. The driver deserves a great punishment; he didnt care if any of those people died or have sustained permanently damage.

Why? :shock: That guy is sick....He should be made to ride a FIXIE bike, IN CUSTOM SPANDEX 4 sizes too small through Chicago and New York City with imprinted words on his spandex "HIT ME I'M WORTH 25 POINTS!" :mrgreen: and if he complains we take away hit seat and make him stand.

Oh My Gawd that is horrible!! There were children involved there. That guy should go to prison for 300 counts of attempted murder, or forced to live in Illinois!

Latest posts

Back