Tanker project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
New project on the way. I've always liked the rounded style tank and the rear rack with tail light lenses. I have a nice set of bare metal CWC peaked fenders with curved braces that might look pretty cool. Maybe I'll find a ratty springer fork and just assemble it as is....gray primer and bare metal?

jcpilot1.jpg

That's a great looking project find!
A Higgins Beehive (would keep it in the family) or a Spaceliner fork would offer you some great options if you'd like a bit of a rake and a long low look. I had a similar set up on a CWC frame and dug it.
Nice rack on it too, with those cool light or reflector holes on the back.
This should be a real cool build for ya.:thumbsup:

Nice score! When I scored my tank bike I thought I would just go rusty restore but halfway thru I changed my mind so be prepared to deviate from your original plan during your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Walker...Thanks for the offer, but I have several of those rings in the shop. For some reason these Murray style bikes seem to follow me home on a fairly regular basis.

Chris...thanks man. You entering BoTen?

I am pretty sure this one is just going to be a raw/primer cruiser. I might take some 0000 steel wool to the tins, but that will be about it for bling. I have a nice fat pair of Holy Roller tires that I might use. They should really fill out the fenders and give it a mean look. MM and AA are at the end of April, so I should be able to find a decent springer....I'd also like to find a really cool fender light.

I don't know.... I probably should. I've been so dang busy with coaching my son's L.L. And work, hardly have time. I have enough projects out in the garage... Roadmaster 3 gill I want to do a bare metal build on, an early 50's western flyer project bike, couple chrome flightliners. Now all I need is some time.:(

Nice, I was waiting for someone else to buy this so thatI didn't have to! Cantwait to see what you come up with!
-Kreep-

That bike is just awesome...one of my favorites for sure. a bare metal 3 gill sounds pretty awesome.
I thought so too, I bought the perfect candidate off of Tuck Tuck a while back.a mid to late 40's 3 gill with super straight metal, full fendered with everything, tank and all. Only thing missing is ball headlight which I have now, somebody at some point stripped all the the paint of of it to bare metal:13: and then rattle canned everything. I couldn't believe it, the whole thing is super straight! It's hard to find them complete with everything. Heck I had to piece my other one together, it took awhile.

Latest posts

Back